ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » XML to MRM to XML flow

XML to MRM to XML flow « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
aks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 4:30 pm    Post subject: XML to MRM to XML flow Reply with quote

Voyager

Hello,

I have a flow that transforms an XML message into a COBOL copybook format. The resultant commarea is then sent to our CICS system and a modified commarea comes back ready to be transformed into another XML message using a different flow.

The originating XML message has many elements and in the first compute node, only a subset of the elements are needed to populate a particular copybook.

In the response compute node, where the modified commarea (MRM format) is transformed back to XML, once again, only a subset of elements need to be mapped from the commarea.

The problem is that the resultant XML is only a subset of the original XML structure because I've only mapped the necessary MRM fields to XML elements, but I want a complete XML message (ie the same structure) with the fields that were not mapped (blanked would be OK).

Is there a way of constructing a complete XML message that is the same structure as the original message (that valid against the imported DTD), but without having to have hundreds of esql statements to construct the entire message.

Here's an example:

incoming XML:
<Test>
<Input1>1</Input1>
<Input2>2</Input2>
<Output1></Output1>
<Output2><Output2>
</Test>

Input1 and Input2 are tags containing input data and Output1 and Output2 are tags for output

In the return xml, I don't care about having data in the Input1 and Input2 tags, but I still need them there. If I just map Output1 and Output2 the xml out of the compute node looks like

<Test>
<Output1>result1</Output1>
<Output1>result2</Output2>
</Test>

Is there a way of getting the whole structure back, even with blanked tags?

Thanks
Alan
CodeCraft
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Three ways to do this (WMQI 2.1).

You can model the XML message in the MRM and add default values to the model. This will add defaults for elements in branches of the tree which are not present, but, will not create missing branches. I don't think this would work for you.

You can also get RFHUTIL from support IH02/IH03. This has a feature which presents for an XML message all of the ESQL-like paths for the elements in the message. You can do a very quick c/p job on the these to instantiate an empty copy of the XML message required.

You could store a template XML message as string/varchar in DB/2, read it back when required, parse it to create the required tree and then populate the elements you need.

Any use?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » XML to MRM to XML flow
Jump to: