ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » filtering and/or triggering question

filtering and/or triggering question « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
csongebalazs
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: filtering and/or triggering question Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi,

I tried to setting up my MQFTE in order to copy all files from a source directory except one (or except more). I was not able to do this...

Have anybody an idea, how can I do this?

I made a rule to move files from D:\IN directory with * pattern to D:\OUT directory and made a trigger with D:\IN\XY.txt NOT exists condition. In this case 0 files moved.
If I made trigger with XY.txt NOT exists, all files moved, XY.txt too.

Second question: Can I use wildcards in triggers?

Regards,

Balage
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I expect you need to trigger when any file exists, and use the rule to exclude XY.txt.

The first case you set up says "move all files, unless the file D:\IN\XY.txt exists".

The second case you set up says "move all files, unless the file <current working directory for the MQFTE process>\XY.txt exists".

So look at the pattern specifications and see how to create a rule that says "match all files EXCEPT XY.txt".
RichCumbers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: filtering and/or triggering question Reply with quote

Novice

csongebalazs wrote:
Hi,

Second question: Can I use wildcards in triggers?

No you cannot currently do this.

We are currently investigating what customers would like from Directory Monitoring, if you be so kind as to put your thoughts on this thread as to what you would like to see from this functionality that would be great!

Cheers

Rich
csongebalazs
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

So look at the pattern specifications and see how to create a rule that says "match all files EXCEPT XY.txt".

Where can I look it? Could you show me this pattern for me?

Regards,

Balage
csongebalazs
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Quote:
We are currently investigating what customers would like from Directory Monitoring, if you be so kind as to put your thoughts on this thread as to what you would like to see from this functionality that would be great!

I installed this "tool" last friday, so I just started to learn its functionality.

We will have to make a tender based on WebSphere technologies for a small bank, who wants to automatize file transfers between their systems. So I have to know as much as I can

In other case, an another partner have an old MQ, and they will have to upgrade it. They use other technologies to move files between systems. If this product has more features, then the old one, than...
There is at least two problem with the old one.
1. It cannot make additional copies during the file transfer for different destinations.
2. You cannot make rules like "move all except these or except one".

Shortly, thats all.

Regards,
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

A quick glance through the infocenter says that the pattern language for WMQFTE doesn't currently include a "not" operator.

If your file name is really "XY.TXT", then I don't believe you can specify a rule that will exclude this. If, however, the filename is something like "XY<otherstuff>.TXT" and all of the files that you want to process are "AB<otherstuff>.TXT", then you can wirte a rule like"AB*.txt" and that will ignore the file you want to ignore.
csongebalazs
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

If your file name is really "XY.TXT", then I don't believe you can specify a rule that will exclude this.

Of course, the XY.TXT is an example. The main task is making rule which basically true with one or more exceptions.

A quick glance through the infocenter says that the pattern language for WMQFTE doesn't currently include a "not" operator.

OK. This was the end of this business...

Thanks for all.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » filtering and/or triggering question
Jump to: