ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » SOLVED: ResultSet returned by invoked stored procedures

SOLVED: ResultSet returned by invoked stored procedures « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Prithvi
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: SOLVED: ResultSet returned by invoked stored procedures Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hello,
I have been trying to invoke a stored procedure using a xslt file in Datapower. This stored proc returns multiple result sets and i have not been able to configure it to be able to access the result sets being returned.
So far i have been able to execute the stored procedure using the following stylesheet, though i haven't been able to get the result sets being returned:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:dp="http://www.datapower.com/extensions" extension-element-prefixes="dp">
<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:variable name="query">
call schema.SP()
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="result" select="dp:sql-execute('Prithvi_Laptop_DB',$query)"/>
<xsl:copy-of select="$result"/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

I have been able to call the same stored proc using message broker and was able to access all the result sets. So i know that stored proc is executing correclty.

I found something interesting this article:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0812_callaway/0812_callaway.html

I might be able to use the <dp:sql-execute> element instead of the dp:sql-execute() function. This allows me to specify the parameter types and their respective directions. But this still does not tell me how to access the result sets being returned.

I would appreciate any suggestions.
Prithvi
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

The problem was not with the style sheet. This <dp:sql-execute> element does not support result sets in 3.6.1 version of datapower. Once we upgraded to 3.7.2 the result sets were returned just fine.
bijesh
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: ResultSet returned by invoked stored procedures Reply with quote

Acolyte

Can you tell me how you were able to access multiple results sets generated by a stored procedure in Message Broker.
I am using version 7 of MB and when I call a stored procedure that returns multiple result sets, I am able to access only the first result set. I am using hasMoreResults() and getREsultSet() methods to process the resultsets using a jdbc type 4 driver. Any thoughts?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » SOLVED: ResultSet returned by invoked stored procedures
Jump to: