ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Multiphase Commit » MSDTC amqmtsxatmc.dll does not exist

MSDTC amqmtsxatmc.dll does not exist « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
spenceee
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: MSDTC amqmtsxatmc.dll does not exist Reply with quote

G'day!

I'm very new to Websphere MQ but very comfortable with transactions.

Environment: .Net 3.5 (equivalent to .net 2.0), SQL Server 2005, Windows XP (MSDTC) and Websphere MQ 6.0.2.5.

I'm attempting to use websphere MQ in a transaction with a database write on SQL Server. If I leave the MQPMO_SYNCPOINT option off then the transaction is successful.

If I enable the syncpoint (either on get or put) then the MQRC 2354 UOW_ENLISTMENT_ERROR is returned. When I check the windows event log, MSDTC has thrown an error saying that it was missing a reference to a dll (amqmtsxatmc.dll). I have checked the bin directory of my installation and I am missing this dll.

I believe that this dll was part of the extended transaction manager, however this is now free from 6.0?

Code:

//Fancy stuff in the constructor is so that MQ can be subscribed into the transaction.
TransactionOptions opt = new TransactionOptions();
opt.IsolationLevel = IsolationLevel.Serializable;
opt.Timeout = TransactionManager.DefaultTimeout;
using (TransactionScope tran = new TransactionScope(TransactionScopeOption.Required, opt, EnterpriseServicesInteropOption.Full))
{
   //dbase code here (removed for business reasons)

//Send the message to WebsphereMQ
   MQPutMessageOptions pmo = new MQPutMessageOptions();
   pmo.Options += MQC.MQPMO_SYNCPOINT;
   MQMessage outMsg = new MQMessage();
   outMsg.Format = MQC.MQFMT_STRING;
   outMsg.WriteString(xml);
   m_queue.Put(outMsg, pmo);
}

If anyone can help me with either where to locate this dll or fix my configuration it would be greatly appreciated. NOTE that the issue is NOT that I have not got the XADLL entry in my registry, but that the dll is not present.
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: MSDTC amqmtsxatmc.dll does not exist Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

spenceee wrote:
I believe that this dll was part of the extended transaction manager, however this is now free from 6.0?

Really?
spenceee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many apologies, I'm still very new to WMQ. Is this part of the extended transactional manager, and is it not free in WMQ 6?

Am I looking in the right spot for my problem or am I on a red herring?
spenceee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

argggg re ran the installer and sure enough the extended client is missing.

HOWEVER I am extremely curious as to the licensing on the XA client. We have a full license to WMQ server and to my understanding this allowed as many installations of the client as you wanted, as you are licensed by the power of your server and as such throughput to the queues is constrained.

Is the ETC free for v6.0?
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

spenceee wrote:
this allowed as many installations of the client as you wanted, as you are licensed by the power of your server and as such throughput to the queues is constrained.

It's always been the case that the standard client can be installed as many times as you want.

The ETC used to be a separate license and I seem to remember being told v6 brought it into the standard license. But I still don't believe it's provided on the standard install.

Contact your IBM sales rep, who can confirm what your license covers and obtain the ETC for you.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Vitor wrote:
spenceee wrote:
this allowed as many installations of the client as you wanted, as you are licensed by the power of your server and as such throughput to the queues is constrained.

It's always been the case that the standard client can be installed as many times as you want.

The ETC used to be a separate license and I seem to remember being told v6 brought it into the standard license. But I still don't believe it's provided on the standard install.

Contact your IBM sales rep, who can confirm what your license covers and obtain the ETC for you.

My understanding is that the etc client in V6 might be free only for the Java part (See resource Adapter). As for any other programming languages this is a question for your IBM Rep.
spenceee
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the help guys. IBM Documentation can be interesting to find your information in...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Multiphase Commit » MSDTC amqmtsxatmc.dll does not exist
Jump to: