ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » MQ Binding in WESB export and Digital signature verification

MQ Binding in WESB export and Digital signature verification « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
muralihegde
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: MQ Binding in WESB export and Digital signature verification Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi
We have a requirement where in the export end points exposed by WESB have WS Security digital signature verification implemented. That is the consumer applications have to sign the soap body with a digital certificate and this signature is validated at WESB export end point.

For exports with web services binding with soap/http, this works perfectly fine, since the WS bindings configuration (using the deployment editor) has been configured for the same.

But when we expose the same via MQ Bindings in export (Message Bindings->MQ Binding), I could not see the WS bindings for the export in the deployment editor, as I understand because this not a web services binding.

How do we achieve this now?

The property tab for the export with MQ bindings has a security tab, but this has only SSL enablement. We do not want SSL authentication, but rather we want to consume the security header in the soap envelop and validate the signature against the certificate stored in the underlying WESB/WAS trust store.
JLRowe
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

Can you make the settings in the SOAP/JMS binding? - if yes, then use the SOAP/JMS binding to run over MQ.
muralihegde
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi Using the soap-jms message, I have managed to get it working, by configuring the export with Web services binding for soap/jms. In this case, I could also configure the WS security to accept the digital signature.

But In our current case, we need to use a non-jms, pure MQ SOAP message. I am looking for how to achieve this, if the incoming message just has only MQMD followed by thh full SOAP pay load.

The databinding com.ibm.websphere.sca.mq.data.impl.MQDataBindingImplXML recognizes only the XML business object as long as the messasge body just matches the soap body, (without the soap tags). It does not recognize the soap headers.

I am not sure if I could conclude that the soap message has to have the jms header on MQ for WESB to interpret it as a soap message.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

muralihegde wrote:
Hi Using the soap-jms message, I have managed to get it working, by configuring the export with Web services binding for soap/jms. In this case, I could also configure the WS security to accept the digital signature.

But In our current case, we need to use a non-jms, pure MQ SOAP message. I am looking for how to achieve this, if the incoming message just has only MQMD followed by thh full SOAP pay load.

The databinding com.ibm.websphere.sca.mq.data.impl.MQDataBindingImplXML recognizes only the XML business object as long as the messasge body just matches the soap body, (without the soap tags). It does not recognize the soap headers.

I am not sure if I could conclude that the soap message has to have the jms header on MQ for WESB to interpret it as a soap message.

You still need to use SOAP over JMS. However when specifying the JMS destination use the uri form:
Code:
"queue://QMGR/QUEUE?targetClient=1".
This should allow you to strip the RFH header from the message and get what you are looking for.

Enjoy

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » MQ Binding in WESB export and Digital signature verification
Jump to: