ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Proper implimentation of SVRCONN channels

Proper implimentation of SVRCONN channels « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Bill57
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:10 am    Post subject: Proper implimentation of SVRCONN channels Reply with quote

Apprentice

I took a look at a queue manager today that had several SVRCONN channels defined to support client connections from external customers. The current administrator of that queue manager is making a new definition every time a new customer needs a client connection.

Would a better solution be to set up say, 5 SVRCONN channels, and distribute them amoung the client based customers? Any white papers out there that discuss the "ins and outs" of determining the best solution in reguard to SVRCONN channel set ups?

Thanks
Bill
kingsley
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

It is a critical solution

If you are expecting mimimal to moderate traffic from every client to Server, then it would be better to share the Channels

If you are expecting Maximum Traffic and that too very huge, it would be wise to create different channels on Different ports so that there wont be any congestion as MQSeries Server internally uses Threads for Balancing job Schedule

Also for each kind of Traffic say from Very High Security to Low Security Data, each kind of traffic can be sent on a different channel so that we can implement various measures on different channels as and when necessary including SSL, Auditing and the like.

How ever, till now , there are no ground thumb rules. Organisations implement based on various factors.

I hope you have weigh so many factors in this regard.
Bill57
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 5:33 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanks for your advice Kalyan. One thing I had not considered was the use of seperate channels to provide different levels of security. I understood that blindly creating new definitions was a mistake, but I had never really considered the issue in great detail. You helped me focus a great deal better!

Thanks!
Bill

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Proper implimentation of SVRCONN channels
Jump to: