ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Is this a BUG? (Duplicate Message Flows)

Is this a BUG? (Duplicate Message Flows) « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
sgopal
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:22 pm    Post subject: Is this a BUG? (Duplicate Message Flows) Reply with quote

Acolyte

In my control center I see two mesage flows with the same name. This happens when I copy a message flow in two message flow categories.

This creates confusion when multiple users are working on single broker. Cannot deteremine which message flow to modify.

Is this a known bug?

thank you.
Miriam Kaestner
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

This is no bug. You can have a reference to the same message flow in multiple categories in the same workspace. When you modify one, the other references change, too.
You could simply REMOVE message flows from categories, without actually DELETING them from ConfigMgr.
sgopal
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Still believe this could be a problem. I created a message flow "Sample" in one category. Then I copied and pasted the same flow in another Category. Changes to either message flow in different categories stay independent even after a check in and checkout.

Technically the internal ID of each message flow within the Broker is unique but their common display name is same. Both can be deployed to same or distinct execution groups with their own unique ESQL.

This potentially causes a problem when multiple developers are working on the same message flow in different categories.
Miriam Kaestner
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

I experienced the same behavior. When you copy/past a message flow within the same category, its name gets changed automatically to FLOW_1. This does not happen when you paste to another category. Maybe you should really report this as a bug!

Bear in mind that the workspace has references to its objects. So, copy/past always creates a NEW object, which you MUST RENAME it to avoid this problem.
If you just want to keep the same flow in multiple categories, you must ADD it to each category (and not paste).

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Is this a BUG? (Duplicate Message Flows)
Jump to: