ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Trying to get pollquantity=20 to work on WBIA JDBC adapter

Trying to get pollquantity=20 to work on WBIA JDBC adapter « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
lamtbs
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Trying to get pollquantity=20 to work on WBIA JDBC adapter Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hello,

I'm trying to get my WBIA 2.6 JDBC adapter to poll more than 1 entry each time. So I'm changing the pollquantity = 20.

But I read that pollquantity would not work unless ContainerManagedEvents = JMS, so ...

I set ContainerManagedEvents = JMS, but then I'll also have to
added the source queue
added DataHandler (Mimetype = text\xml, DHClass = com.crossworlds.DataHandlers.text.xml, DataHandlerConfigMOName = MO_DataHandler_Default) .... although I don't know what I'm doing here and why

Despite all these, I got error "CME caught a fatal error...... Unable to find version "*.*.*" of business object definition "MO_DataHander_Default"

This link http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21222812 talks about how to rectify this error in ICS, but I'm using Message Broker.

Anyone can let me know how I can get this pollquantity = 20 to work??

Thanks a lot!
Gaya3
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

i dont understand why do you want to use, JMS, as its MB, MQ and Adapter matter.
Do Something Before you Die
lamtbs
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

No, I don't want to use JMS.

What I want to do is to have adapter poll for > 1 object at a time.
I need to set pollquantity = 20, problem is, according to "JDBC Adapter V2.6 User Guide", it says "This property is valid only if the value of ContainerManagedEvents is JMS."

lamtbs
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

And when I set it to JMS, I cannot validate / save my adapter configuration unless I also set the DataHandler, /SOURCEQUEUE, etc.

But when I set those, then I have problem starting up the adapter, it complains that "CME caught a fatal error...... Unable to find version "*.*.*" of business object definition "MO_DataHander_Default"

Can I have a sample config file with an effective pollquantity set to >1??

(P.S. I can set pollquantity =20 without setting JMS, however, the parameter 20 is NOT taking effect, I can see the adapter polling 1 by 1)

Thanks!
Gaya3
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

in the connector configuration,

did you set the input queue (pollqueue), properties

and what result did you get?
lamtbs
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

The JDBC adapter has been working, so the other parameters like input queue, delivery queue, admin queue etc are set correctly.

Even when I change pollquantity = 20, the adapter is also working, just that it is polling one by one instead of polling 20 at one time.

Wonder how can I attach my configuration here??

[/img]
Gaya3
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

did you try with multiple instances of adapter..... this is also an option
lamtbs
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

HI Gayathri,

I think my question should be,

I have to fill in the DataHandler althought I really don't need one, and I probably don't have one. What do I do? Is there a dummy DataHandler to help me get through this configuration checking?

Please see JDBC Adapter V2.6 user guide p.107 Appendix A "Standard configuration properties for connectors". For "pollquantity" it has a remarks : "This property is valid only if the value of ContainerManagedEvents is JMS"

And on p. 112, it talks about I need to set DataHandler and I don't really know what DataHandler I should set ....
lamtbs
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi Gayathri,

I was told that if pollquantity = 20 should be set in the "connector-specific property" tab, and then it's no need to set ContainerManagedEvents to JMS.

So, I got around that, but still the adapter is polling only one at a time.

My observation
1) xworlds_event_table had been filled with all 20 events, everytime the adpater process it, the row count decrease from 20, 19, 18, one by one (I expect adapter to get the event in batch of 20??)

2) adapter delivery queue depth is always empty - IF adapter is processing >1 event at a time, many queue message should have been created

3) from adapter trace, I seem to see the BO being processed one by one, the time interval is like 19:18:11, then 19:18:14, etc. I wonder what the trace should look like if adapter is really polling 20 at a time.

4) My scenario is DB got updated ==> adapter picks up change ==> pass to Message Broker to process ....
MB doesn't really have much work to do if adapter is processing fast enough, there should be messages accumlated at the input queue to MB

Would it be a problem of Informix again!?!?
Gaya3
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

before confirming the same, will you please try Parallel processing of adapter.

let us see whether that helps you in this part, then we will do one more test on the Poll quantity.

lamtbs
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi Gayathri,

I've confirmed the single threaded nature of the adapter for the purpose of perserving order of processing. So you previous suggestion to have parallel instance of adaper IS the answer to my problem here.

Thanks!

PS. confirmed that the polling quantity actually IS working, it's just my misunderstanding. I thought by increasing polling quantity, I'll see BO being processed in parallel to increase thruput. That is a misunderstanding on my part.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Trying to get pollquantity=20 to work on WBIA JDBC adapter
Jump to: