ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » SOLVED: Intermittet WF Svr error (FmcTransXExcep RC=2122)

SOLVED: Intermittet WF Svr error (FmcTransXExcep RC=2122) « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
gdiehl
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: SOLVED: Intermittet WF Svr error (FmcTransXExcep RC=2122) Reply with quote

Novice

Hello -

I have an intermittent problem when starting MQ Workflow after changing the system password on our standalone Workflow server, a change I must do every 30 days. After I change the system password, I then go into the Workflow Configuration Utility and change the Runtime & Buildtime DB2 connect passwords to match the system password. Finally, I reboot the system.

Intermittetly, the Workflow Runtime server will fail to start with the following error messages:

From fmcsys.log
-----------------------------
8/1/2008 10:56:33 AM FMC31050E An error has occurred which has terminated processing.
8/1/2008 10:56:33 AM FmcTransXException, ReturnCode=2122

From fmcerr.log:
WebSphere MQ Workflow 3.6 Error Report

Report creation = 8/1/2008 10:56:33 AM
Related message = FMC31050E An error has occurred which has terminated processing.

Error location = File=e:\v360\src\fmcrrstx.cxx, Line=654, Function=FmcRRSTx::BeginGlobTx
Error data = FmcTransXException, ReturnCode=2122

The only reliable recovery has been to remove the RT database by removing the Workflow configuration and then recreating the same configuration. Not good.

Sometimes it fails upon the first startup after the reboot. Once, Workflow started fine after the reboot but failed after I recycled the Workflow service

I haven't yet been able to determine the exact sequence of steps required in order to recreate. However, can anyone shed more light on what the error messages mean ? The next time it fails, is there additional info that could be collected in order to better diagnose the error ? Must the system password and the 2 DB2 connect passwords be kept the same ? Seems like I read somewhere that they must.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Thank you. Gary Diehl

Gary

Last edited by gdiehl on Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
gdiehl
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Update: Workflow trace of failure Reply with quote

Novice

Additional Update: I captured the failure in a Workflow trace. A snippet from the fmcamain trace is pasted below.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, Gary Diehl

--------------------------------------------------------------
2008-08-11, 10:54:51.699, fmcrrstx.cxx( 622) (01,Fl,SF), fmcamain(1500-2544), FmcRRSTx::BeginGlobTx, >entry
2008-08-11, 10:54:51.981, fmcrrstx.cxx( 648) (00,Ms,SF), fmcamain(1500-2544), FmcRRSTx::BeginGlobTx, Error for ImqQueueManager::begin() : completion code : 1; reason code : 2122
2008-08-11, 10:54:51.981, fmcrrstx.cxx( 654) (01,Er,SF), fmcamain(1500-2544), FmcRRSTx::BeginGlobTx, THROW_INT, FmcTransXException, ReturnCode=2122, Origin=File=e:\v360\src\fmcrrstx.cxx, Line=654, Function=FmcRRSTx::BeginGlobTx
2008-08-11, 10:54:51.981, fmcrrstx.cxx( 622) (01,Fl,SF), fmcamain(1500-2544), FmcRRSTx::BeginGlobTx, <exit
2008-08-11, 10:54:51.981, fmcsfrm.cxx( 480) (03,Fl,SF), fmcamain(1500-2544), FmcSFFrame::handleInit, <exit
2008-08-11, 10:54:51.981, fmcsfrm.cxx( 1025) (05,Fl,SF), fmcamain(1500-2544), FmcSFFrame::Run, Callback throws int exception FmcTransXException, ReturnCode=2122, Origin=File=e:\v360\src\fmcrrstx.cxx, Line=654, Function=FmcRRSTx::BeginGlobTx
2008-08-11, 10:54:51.981, fmcserc.cxx( 237) (03,Fl,SF), fmcamain(1500-2544), FmcErrorContainer::AddRecord, >entry
2008-08-11, 10:54:51.981, fmcserc.cxx( 247) (03,Fl,SF), fmcamain(1500-2544), FmcErrorContainer::AddRecord, Int Exception = FmcTransXException, ReturnCode=2122, Length = 35
2008-08-11, 10:54:51.981, fmcserc.cxx( 237) (03,Fl,SF), fmcamain(1500-2544), FmcErrorContainer::AddRecord, <exit

Gary
jmac
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Gary:

I've not seen this before, but a look at the return code shows:

Quote:
Corrective action: If the application does not require non-WebSphere MQ resources to
participate in the unit of work, this reason code can be ignored.

Perhaps you can simply ignore this. Or maybe it's some strange timing issue.

Does the server restart? I assume that the system is functional after this message is received.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gdiehl
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

John -

Thanks for the reply, but no, it's not a message that I can ignore. Once in this state, Workflow will not start, I presume due to the error starting the one server. To date, the only recovery action that I've found is to remove the Workflow configuration ID, removing the RT database in the process, and then recreate the config ID, along with the RT database, and reloading the FDL.

Maybe IBM support will offer something although I've seen similar posts from prior years that didn't seem to get an answer from IBM. Maybe a newer SP might help.

Anyway, thanks

Gary
jmac
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

I assume you have a PMR open on this.

Please let us know the resolution.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vijaycr
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Have u checked if the password is changed in the qm.ini?. I had a similar problem in aix and had to manually change the password in the qm.ini

look for the following lines in the qm.ini and make sure the password and is correct

Code:

XAOpenString=DB=FMCDB, toc=t, UID=fmc, PWD=password
hos
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevalier

Hi,

do NOT modify the qm.ini manually.
Use fmczutil to modify the QM password settings, too whenever you change the DB password.
vijaycr
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Actually, The manual change was attempted ONLY after repeated attempts to change the password using fmczutil did not reflect in the qm.ini we kept getting 2122 errors... I dont remember the exact Fixpack level that this happened, but definitely 3.6.
vijaycr
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

BTW, I just noticed your post only mentions changing the runtime database password...have you also changed it from the Queue Manager commands window.

The exact steps are detailed here :

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21109884
gdiehl
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks all for the replies. To answer some previous questions,...

- I haven't checked anything in a qm.ini file. I don't seem to have that file on my system. Is there a corresponding file on Windows Server 2003 ?

- When I change the DB2 passwords in Workflow, I always do it the same way, basically according to the instructions in the referenced IBM support forum. I use the Workflow Configuration Utility and I always change the DB2 Connect passwords for both RT and BT, keeping them in synch. I proceed to the end of the sequence, and click Done and wait for the completion message. Unfortunately, contrary the IBM support post, my server does not then start.

- I don't yet have a PMR open. I'm a little back level on service packs so I plan to first install the latest service pack, SP7 I believe. Then if I can still recreate the problem, I'll open a PMR. If I eventually find the fix for the problem, I'll be sure to post it here.

Gary
vijaycr
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

For windows it is stored in the registry

I havent faced this issue in windows, but just a guess does the user you are using to run the fmczutil does not have rights to update the registry? is there any such security settings applied?
hos
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevalier

Hi,

you are constantly missing the important info in our appends.
So once again:

YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE MQ PASSWORD; TOO.
THIS IS A DIFFERENT OPTION IN THE FMCZUTIL TOOL.
gdiehl
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks hos. Since including updating of the QM password along with the updating of the RT & BT DB2 access passwords and the system password, the problem has not occurred in over a month so I guess that fixed it.

If anyone from IBM pubs watches this forum, you may want to consider adding this tip into some of the Windows specific sections of the Install or Admin guides. Had it not been for this forum, I probably would have had to go the PMR route

Gary
Monali
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a similar problem starting my MQ Wf server -
Code:

WebSphere MQ Workflow 3.6 Error Report

Report creation = 06/01/2009 12:37:49
Related message = FMC31050E An error has occurred which has terminated processing.

Error location  = File=e:\v360\src\fmcrrstx.cxx, Line=659, Function=FmcRRSTx::BeginGlobTx
Error data      = FmcTransXException, ReturnCode=2122

I am new to MQWF and do not know how to implement th esolution you have suggested - changing passwords for QM, RT and BT databases.
Can you please tell me how I should go about it.

Many thanks,
gdiehl
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Monali -

If you are experiencing this problem without having first changed any passwords, I'm not sure that it is the same as my problem. Nevertheless, I'll give you some details. As I said in the initial post, I hit the problem after changing, first my system password and then the RT and BT DB2 connect passwords. To do the latter, you start the MQ Workflow Configuration GUI tool, select your particular configuration, step through the panels via the "Next>>" button and on the "Runtime Database" and "Buildtime Database" panels, click the "DB2 Connect parameters" button and enter the new password.

The next step I never found documented anywhere but it seems to have fixed my problem. In a DOS window, run fmczutil. Select -> Queue Manager Commands menu -> Change Password. I think you can also change the RT and BT DB2 Connect passwords via this tool. I just got used to the GUI interface for that step

Good luck

Gary

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » SOLVED: Intermittet WF Svr error (FmcTransXExcep RC=2122)
Jump to: