ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Java plug-in node : interacting with the parser

Java plug-in node : interacting with the parser « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
stiffann
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:13 am    Post subject: Java plug-in node : interacting with the parser Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

[WMQI 2.1]
I'm going on trying to build a Java File Input plug-in node. As I read in the "Websphere MQ Integrator Programming Guide", page 88, it's possible to interact with the parser. Indeed, the basic Input Node has several properties related to the message parser used by the node, and that can be overridden : parser type (MRM, BLOB, XML and so on), message domain, message set, message type and message format.

In my Java plug-in node, I just did exactly as said in the documentation : I overrid the properties by creating new setXXX and getXXX function for every property [following the JavaBean specification]. More, in the run() function of my node, I tried to force the value of one of these properties [ setMessageDomainProperty("MRM") ].

Unfortunately when installing and running my plug-in node, the message is still parsed with the XML parser, and not with the MRM parser as wanted. It seems that the overriddent property is not taken in account.

It would be wonderful if someone helps we resolving this problem !

Thanks in advance
Simon
rcrippen
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 10:18 am    Post subject: Java plug-in node : interacting with the parser Reply with quote

Apprentice

Simon, did you ever get your plugin node to be able to change message parsers? I am encountering the same issue that you are with the FileInputNode only recognizing the XML parser.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
stiffann
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi Rob,

unfortunately, I was not able to force my plugin to interact with the MRM parser.
So, I contacted the IBM WMQI support here in France. It seems that they have a poor experience on developing Java plugin nodes. They are going to ask the question to the Software Development Department, because this should work. Though the guy I talked to has no experience with that, he's a clever guy, and he helped me verifying that I exactly followed the programming guide (and you will agree that override three or four Java properties is not a difficult task ).

So I'm waiting for answers about this problem. I write a note as soon as I have info about it !

Regards
Simon

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Java plug-in node : interacting with the parser
Jump to: