ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » NNFie error: Invalid NNFie version number

NNFie error: Invalid NNFie version number « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Yanghui
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:14 am    Post subject: NNFie error: Invalid NNFie version number Reply with quote

Disciple

I am developing the interface (formats) of the NEON SWIFT library in NNSY Formatter on WMQI2.1/NT. Then I have to export all the formats in the nnsy db (db2) on NT and import into a nnsy db (oracle) on sun. There is no problem to export from NT side but when I do import on sun side, I always get an error: Invalid NNFie version number. However, it's OK if I import those NEON SWIFT library directly into the nnsy db on sun. It seems that the exported file on nnsy/NT can't be imported properly by the NNFie on sun. Does anyone come cross this problem? Any solution or suggestion? Many thanks in advance.

Best regards
-Yanghui
JYama
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

In my experience, NEON component is always a trouble maker...

Anyway, in terms of the problem, I can imagine two reasons now.
1. WMQI on NT and SUN is the same as a product, but NEON is different. Bundled NEON has different version number on each platform. Maybe, NEON on NT is newer...

2. Code conversion may be a problem. Can you read exported file on SUN? I know CCSID is different between Windows and SUN.

Cheers,
J.YAMA
granthmuk
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

I have seen similar problems where there are mutlitple versions of NEON installed on the same box. What usually happens is that due to PATH definitions the older NEON importer is getting called and it does not understand the new format. You should check the version number that the NNFIE program prints out when you run it to make sure it matches the correct NNSY version. Then you can correct the path or run the NNFIE from the correct directory.
Cheers.
Yanghui
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi, Thanks a lot for your reply.

You both are right about the reason caused the problem. The NEON version on NT is newer than the NEON on Sun. Our Solaris adminitrator did CSD2 upgrade for WMQI2.1 on that Sun box but He didn't realize he also should apply CSD2 on NEON seperately. After we did that, the problem is solved.

Best regards
-Yanghui

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » NNFie error: Invalid NNFie version number
Jump to: