ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Label Node

Label Node « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
fajarhto
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 2:29 am    Post subject: Label Node Reply with quote

Hi.

I using WMQI 2.1 CSD02. I like to try Label Node, but don't know how to use it, the documentation only mentioned about RouteToLabel and Label and set using LocalEnvironment, but there is no a bit sample.
Has anyone have the sample for this node ?

Thanks,

Fajar Hartanto
CodeCraft
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

This is fairly straight forward. You set a field in the DestinationList to identify which label you wish to route to.

A property (not the name) of the Label node identifies it by name. When your message passes through the RouteToLabel node, the destination list is checked, and control passes to the Label node with the matching label property.

There is also a selection process, such that if the destination list contains multiple labels, there's a way of determining which one is used (first or last or something like that), so that a process can present the RouteToLabel with "options" from which it chooses the destination.

This basically allows one part of a flow to override a labelling decision which was made previously in another part.

Further, you need to set in the advanced properties of the Compute Node, that the mode is Message and DestinationList (or Message and LocalEnvironment of that's what they're calling it now ...).

Also note that once a label has been referenced, it is removed from the tree, so, if you need some record of the chosen label further down the flow, you'll also need to store it somewhere else in the DestinationList (or LocalEnvironment) for use further into the flow.

You'll need to check the ESQL manual docs. for the correct structure of the DestinationList to use.

[Or Kirani or one of those other hyper intelligent dudes will post the precise structure and ESQL code forthwith!]
roger_altena
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 5:44 pm    Post subject: Labels in subflows Reply with quote

I was experimenting with labels in subflows. I have a message flow MAIN that calls a subflow DETERMINEROUTE. This then uses RouteToLabel to jump to label ATOB in a separate flow ATOBPROCESSING. That seems to work ok, but when I hit the output terminal in ATOBPROCESSING, where does it go? Does it treat it as a "return" to the parent (ie. subflow DETERMINEROUTE)? Or does it return to flow MAIN?

Interestingly, wMQI doesn't include subflow ATOBPROCESSING when I deploy MAIN as it can't see that it's referenced. I can't specifically add it to the execution group as it has an Output terminal. Thus I have to add it to one of the flows of MAIN, so I'm adding it to DETERMINEROUTE with ATOBPROCESSING's output terminal tied to the output terminal of DETERMINEROUTE.

I guess I've just answered my own question but perhaps someone has a further comment on exactly how this sort of thing works?
CodeCraft
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

I suspect this will not work correctly at runtime because the parent of the ATOB flow will not have visibility of the LABEL node you refer to. I suggest actually running a user trace to follow the paths taken.

W.r.t. to returning, it's not so much a ruturn - what ever is wired up to a subflows output terminal will be the next receiver of the message, in the context in which it is embedded.

I'd be interested in seeing a post of your test results on this.
roger_altena
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 2:35 pm    Post subject: Labels in subflows Reply with quote

That's the interesting part, wMQI will look for the label in all deployed flows, even if not included by the calling flow! This is partly a nuisance, as it means you can't use the same subflow in multiple assigned main flows as you get duplicate label errors. The only proviso is that the subflow must be deployed, it seems that runtime is smarter than deploy time, as a running flow will find a label in an unattached subflow, but the control centre isn't smart enough to know that the unattached subflow NEEDS to be deployed. This makes sense, since the label is generated at runtime, wMQI wouldn't know which of the subflows might be jumped to, and you wouldn't want EVERY flow deployed on the offchance that one might be needed.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Label Node
Jump to: