ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Client Connection using MQCONNX and channel definition table

Client Connection using MQCONNX and channel definition table « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
dmj
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: Client Connection using MQCONNX and channel definition table Reply with quote

Novice

We are connecting a linux client to a os/390 queue manager using security exits both using version 5.2.n

I understand that if we use MQCONNX instead of MQCONN that we do not need to use the channel definition table.

Is this correct?

If possible we want to be to avoid using the channel definition table so we can turn the exits on and off without having to transfer the channel definition table around.

Any other suggestions to get around this would also be appreciated.

Thanks
Di
gye
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Di,

I don't think you could turn on/off the exit at client or server side alone. If you turn of the exit at the client side, the server will check whether the client has the reposed exit, unless you in the server exit, let the client does not have any exit. If might can be done.

What is the language of you client programs? We are headache about the Java program, which seems can not trigger the exit. Do you have any ideas about that.

Rdgs,

George
blane99
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

I would think that if you are coming in as an MQ client you can do it in 2 ways:

define MQSERVER environment variable i.e. export MQSERVER=svronn channel name/TCP/hostname (port)

or

Use Channel Table
gye
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:59 pm    Post subject: Implementing ChannelExit for Jaav Client Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Bob,

For MQSERVER, it can not be used for ChannelExit, so we go for Channel Table.

But in Java one, it seems you can not use Channel Table somewhere. Do you have any idea about that?

Now we can use MQCHLLIB & MQCHLTAB to trigger ChannelExit, while using amqsputc. For java one, it seems we have to write our own ChannelExit in Java, or JNI.

George
dmj
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 8:42 am    Post subject: Channel defintion table Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks for the feedback.

Since writing the original email I have been advised that OS/390 does not produce a channel definition table. Can someone confirm that is correct? All the testing I have done so far is on NT which does produce a channel definition table.

Thanks.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Client Connection using MQCONNX and channel definition table
Jump to: