ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Unable to transfer msgs between QMs on two Win2K servers

Unable to transfer msgs between QMs on two Win2K servers « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Shiva
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 7:26 pm    Post subject: Unable to transfer msgs between QMs on two Win2K servers Reply with quote

I am a beginner in MQSeries. I thought I followed enough documentation (MqSeries Primer and MQS InterComm.). It looks like I am missing some critical info as I could not connect QMgrs on two different Win2Ks (with their own default cluster configuration).

- Basically, (ON SOURCE) I used MQSeries Explorer to create remote/xmit queues and sender channel. The name of Xmit queue is same as QMgr on TARGET machine.
- At the same time, used MQSeries Explorer on TARGET machine to create local queue with same name as remote queue on SOURCE. Also created receiver channel with same name as that one on SOURCE.
- Both machines have Win2K/MQS 5.2
- Ping from channel on SOURCE to TARGET was successful
- Now, I used API Exerciser to send messages from SOURCE machine. At the same, I am trying to use API Exerciser on TARGET to see messages.
It looks like messages have been PUT successfully from SOURCE queues. But I can NOT GET them on TARGET machine.

If anyone knows solution to this problem, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Shiva.
muralidhar
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Check channel status and also check dead letter queue. Both Channel should be in running state.
Shiva
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Murali for the checklist.
I had to close API Exerciser' session to start Channel in RUNNING state. Looks like I can not use API Exerciser to test comm. between Qmgrs on two different Win2Ks with separate default cluster config.
oz1ccg
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

It look to me that you're putting direcly on the XMITQ, and that is not allowed for a normal application (MQ only)

If you want to send data to the remote QMGR use a QREMOTE or the QLOCAL+REMOTE_QMGR in the API Exerciser.

The reason is that the sender channel requires exclusive control, and the exerciser might open the queue for input also.... I'm not shure
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Unable to transfer msgs between QMs on two Win2K servers
Jump to: