ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » BIP1536S: Configuration Manager unable to register for inter

BIP1536S: Configuration Manager unable to register for inter « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
simon.starkie
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 4:05 pm    Post subject: BIP1536S: Configuration Manager unable to register for inter Reply with quote

Disciple

Anyone have a clue about this brain squeeze???

Problem could be related to MQ 5.2 CSD04 (just installed), but why?
I'm trying to evaluate CSD04 (and later CSD02 for MQSI) in an Engineering Sandbox prior to rolling this out everywhere else.

I'm trying to do a "Complete Topology Configuration" for Topology with one AIX Broker called TACIB03 ibut this s always failing with BIP2087I, BIP4046E, BIP2213E and finally, BIP1536S.

The MQSI Control Center log shows them as follows:
BIP2087I: Broker TACIB03 was unable to process the internal configuration message.

The entire internal configuration message failed to be processed successfully.

Use the messages following this message to determine the reasons for the failure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BIP4046E: Invalid configuration message. See the following messages for details of the error.

The publish/subscribe function of the broker has received an invalid configuration message and has not updated its configuration. This can arise as a result of errors in the specification of the broker topology or topics which the Configuration Manager was unable to detect. It can also result from the broker having become out of step with the configuration repository or from other applications sending extraneous messages to the configuration queues of the broker (SYSTEM.BROKER.ADMIN.QUEUE and SYSTEM.BROKER.EXECUTIONGROUP.QUEUE).

Check the relevant topology and topic definitions, perform a complete redeploy of the configuration and ensure that no applications are writing to the configuration queues.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BIP2213E: Invalid configuration message containing folder 'DynamicSubscriptionEngine' which is not valid for target object 'ComIbmResourceManager'.

The message broker received a configuration message containing the folder 'DynamicSubscriptionEngine' which is not valid for the target object 'ComIbmResourceManager'. This can be caused by a mismatch in levels between the Control Center, the Configuration Manager and the broker, or as a result of a user or third party written plug-in node where the implementation library installed at the broker does not match the node definition held at the Configuration manager and Control Center.

Ensure that the levels of code installed at the Control Center, Configuration Manager and broker are all consistent. If they are, identify the supplier of the target object and report the problem to them. If this is IBM, contact your IBM support center.
BIP1536S: Configuration Manager unable to register for internal subscriptions with broker TACIB03.

Although the preceding deploy operation was successful, a subsequent attempt by the Configuration Manager to register for internal subscriptions with broker TACIB03 was not successful. This means that the Control Center Operations view may not reliably show the correct status of the resources assigned to broker TACIB03. The Configuration Manager also writes this message to the system event log, accompanied by other messages giving details of the problem.

Look at the messages for this problem in the system event log. Determine and correct the cause of the problem before attempting to deploy to this broker again. If this problem persists, contact your IBM support center.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BIP1536S: Configuration Manager unable to register for internal subscriptions with broker TACIB03.

Although the preceding deploy operation was successful, a subsequent attempt by the Configuration Manager to register for internal subscriptions with broker TACIB03 was not successful. This means that the Control Center Operations view may not reliably show the correct status of the resources assigned to broker TACIB03. The Configuration Manager also writes this message to the system event log, accompanied by other messages giving details of the problem.

Look at the messages for this problem in the system event log. Determine and correct the cause of the problem before attempting to deploy to this broker again. If this problem persists, contact your IBM support center
The NT Event Log has the following in the Application Log:

( ConfigMgr ) Configuration Manager unable to register for internal subscriptions with broker TACIB03.

Look at the messages for this problem in the system event log. Determine and correct the cause of the problem before attempting to deploy to this broker again. If this problem persists, contact your IBM
support center.
( ConfigMgr ) Broker TACIB03 was unable to process the internal configuration message.

The entire internal configuration message failed to be processed successfully.

Use the messages following this message to determine the reasons for the failure.
( ConfigMgr ) Invalid configuration message. See the following messages for details of the error.

The publish/subscribe function of the broker has received an invalid configuration message and has not updated its configuration. This can arise as a result of errors in the specification of the broker topology or topics which the Configuration Manager was unable to detect. It can also result from the broker having become out of step with the configuration repository or from other applications sending extraneous messages to the configuration queues of the broker (SYSTEM.BROKER.ADMIN.QUEUE and SYSTEM.BROKER.EXECUTIONGROUP.QUEUE).

Check the relevant topology and topic definitions, perform a complete redeploy of the configuration and ensure that no applications are writing to the configuration queues.
( ConfigMgr ) Invalid configuration message containing folder 'DynamicSubscriptionEngine' which is not valid for target object 'ComIbmResourceManager'.

The message broker received a configuration message containing the folder 'DynamicSubscriptionEngine' which is not valid for the target object 'ComIbmResourceManager'. This can be caused by a mismatch in levels between the Control Center, the Configuration Manager and the broker, or as a result of a user or third party written plug-in node where the implementation library installed at the broker does not match the node definition held at the Configuration manager and Control Center.

Ensure that the levels of code installed at the Control Center, Configuration Manager and broker are all consistent. If they are, identify the supplier of the target object and report the problem to them. If this is IBM, contact your IBM support center.

The AIX /tmp/mqsisyslog looks like this:

May 30 16:55:22 tc42s231 MQSIv202: (TACIB03.$SYS_mqsi)[772]BIP4041E: Execution group '$SYS_mqsi' received an invalid configuration message. See the following messages for details of the error. : TACIB03.82A6E590-12B3-11D3-81A2-00203506A68E: /build/S202_P/src/DataFlowEngine/ImbConfigurationNode.cpp: 813: ImbConfigurationNode::evaluate: ComIbmConfigurationNode: ConfigurationNode

May 30 16:55:22 tc42s231 MQSIv202: (TACIB03.$SYS_mqsi)[772]BIP2213E: Invalid configuration message containing folder 'DynamicSubscriptionEngine' which is not valid for target object 'ComIbmResourceManager'. : TACIB03.82A6E590-12B3-11D3-81A2-00203506A68E: /build/S202_P/src/DataFlowEngine/ImbResource.cpp: 362: ImbResource::handleResource: ComIbmResourceManager: ComIbmResourceManager

May 30 16:55:24 tc42s231 MQSIv202: (TACIB03.$SYS_mqsi)[772]BIP4041E: Execution group '$SYS_mqsi' received an invalid configuration message. See the following messages for details of the error. : TACIB03.82A6E590-12B3-11D3-81A2-00203506A68E: /build/S202_P/src/DataFlowEngine/ImbConfigurationNode.cpp: 813: ImbConfigurationNode::evaluate: ComIbmConfigurationNode: ConfigurationNode

May 30 16:55:24 tc42s231 MQSIv202: (TACIB03.$SYS_mqsi)[772]BIP2213E: Invalid configuration message containing folder 'DynamicSubscriptionEngine' which is not valid for target object 'ComIbmResourceManager'. : TACIB03.82A6E590-12B3-11D3-81A2-00203506A68E: /build/S202_P/src/DataFlowEngine/ImbResource.cpp: 362: ImbResource::handleResource: ComIbmResourceManager: ComIbmResourceManager

I have deleted and re-created the entire Config Manager on NT as well as the Broker on AIX. Including the DB2 databases on each. And the MQ pieces as well. Iv'e done this twice now but the problem persists.

I can delete the AIX broker from Topology (and mqsideletebroker on AIX) and then successfully perform a Complete Toppology Configuration deploy without any errors.

I can also do a File->Deploy->Complete Configuration(all types)->Forced
without any errors.

But as soon as I re-create the TACIB03 broker on AIX, and try to Deploy the Toplogy, the problem returns. It also returns if I completely delete the TACIB03 broker or if I completely start over and re-install the ConfigMgr on NT and Broker on AIX (even including the DB2 databases).

I think the root cause of the problem is the "Invalid configuration message containing folder 'DynamicSubscriptionEngine' which is not valid for target object 'ComIbmResourceManager'. " error.

Seems this all started when I applied CSD04 for MQ 5.2.

Anyone

Cheers!
simon.starkie
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 4:10 pm    Post subject: p.s. This is MQSI 2.02 and MQ 5.2 on AIX 4.3 and Win2K Reply with quote

Disciple

p.s. This is MQSI 2.02 and MQ 5.2 on AIX 4.3 and Win2K
simon.starkie
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 12:35 pm    Post subject: Problem solved. Reply with quote

Disciple

Well, you live and learn. Hopefully.

Special thank to Vivek in IBM Support for checking my work.

The root cause of the problem was the fact that the mqsi.base.runtime was BROKEN. That is, "lslpp -l|grep mqsi" showed this package as BROKEN instead of COMMITTED or APPLIED. This happened during the SMIT process to apply the CSD02 package. The space in /usr was insufficient for this rather large package. Increasing the space, then installing just the mqsibase.runtime.2.0.2.3 with "Install by Package Name" allowed me to apply and commit just this one package (the alternative would have been to completely de-install MQSI and then re-install the 2.02 base and then the CSD02.

This resulted in some of the binaries for CSD02 being used with the rest of the binaries for 2.02 base. And this confused the ConfigManager. Fixing the broken mqsi base runtime solved this problem.

Also, if this is useful for anyone else, I found that it is not essential to upgrade the Control Center (my laptop) with CSD's when the AIX or Win2K environments are updated. This is useful for me because I want to use my laptop CC with other MQSI implementations regardless of their service level. Of course, this does not apply to major component level changes and I don't expect to get away with this when WMQI 2.1 is in the picture.
alpya
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 1:50 pm    Post subject: BIP1536S Configuration Manager unable to register for intern Reply with quote

Hi Simon, while i was browsing through the mqsi forum to find out if there is one logged for the error I am having, I happened to find out this one. All this started when a faulty lil was updated and broker bounced. Now, when the broker comes up, all the Execution Engines come up and then one by one die soon within 30 sec. There are all together 8 of them. Tried redeploying the complete topology but same result.

My environment is as: Config Manager is on NT 4 and broker running on AIX 4.3.3.0

Also there is another message that follows

BIP2064E: Broker xxxx has detected that aplying the internal configuration would result in an 'unreportable' state

Applying the last internal configuration message would result in undefined action

I have no clue what has happened or needs to be done to the system. I am not sure either if deleting the config manager and recreating should help either.

Regards
Alpesh
simon.starkie
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

alpya - sorry for not responding right away, but I had an all-consuming DataFlowEngine looping problem most of last week.

Your say that a faulty .lil file was updated and when the broker was cycled (to implement the fix) the DataFlowEngine's would start to come up and then die.

Was there anything reported on the NT Event Log for either MQ or MQSI?

Is there anything reported in the MQ System or Queue Manager logs?

What was the original issue with the faulty .lil?

Were any of the standard IBM-supplied .lil's changed?

You should contact IBM Support if the above questions lead nowhere.

Cheers!

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » BIP1536S: Configuration Manager unable to register for inter
Jump to: