ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Email Adapter with MIME type text/html

Email Adapter with MIME type text/html « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ayanc
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Email Adapter with MIME type text/html Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi,

I have Email adapter version 5.5 for 2.6.5 framework running. My broker is WBIMB 5.0. Can anyone please help how to use MIME type text/html when email with html attachment has to be picked up from mail folder. MIME type text/Plain is working fine.

TIA.
RocknRambo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

From the Info Center:

Quote:

Set up the top-level data handler meta-object to have an attribute for each MIME type that the e-Mail adapter must support. The attribute name should be the name of the MIME type. The attribute represents a child meta-object for a data handler instance. The meta-object typically used for adapters is named MO_DataHandler_Default.
Note that for attachments received in event notifications, the e-Mail adapter converts the MIME type of the attachment into lower case before instantiating the data handler. Therefore, when specifying the MIME type in the data handler meta-object, make sure that the MIME type is in lower case font. Otherwise, the e-Mail adapter is not be able to instantiate the data handler.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wbihelp/v6rxmx/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wbia_adapters.doc/doc/email/email40.htm
Vinayak.Satapute
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi,

Came across your Email Adapter recently and I have similar requirements like yours.

Currently my email adapter is running with 5.5.1 IF5 and framework version is 2.6.0.3 on AIX 5.1 server and it is communicating with Message Broker 6.1.0.2 and MQ 6.0

Currently the email adapter is successfully able to poll the text/html mails but it is failing for text/plain MIME types. And if you still need some help in polling text/html mail type, I can assist you. Mean time please update me how did you manage on text/plain MIME type mails.

I end up receiving Invalid BO format received error for text/plain MIME type.

Regards,
Vinayak
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Vinayak.Satapute wrote:
And if you still need some help in polling text/html mail type, I can assist you.

Given that the original thread is from 2006, I suspect the OP has it fixed by now.
Vinayak.Satapute
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi,

Well that is possible.
I better create a new thread for the same issue and link this current thread in my new thread.

Thanks,
Vinayak
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Vinayak.Satapute wrote:
I better create a new thread for the same issue and link this current thread in my new thread.

Solid plan and (for the benefit of future readers) the recommended way of dealing with an old thread you feel is relevant to your modern post.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Email Adapter with MIME type text/html
Jump to: