ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Tivoli JMX query

Tivoli JMX query « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vinodh_niit
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 8:07 pm    Post subject: Tivoli JMX query Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi all

One of proposal i am currently working on uses the following for "Systems Management"

o Tivoli Framework 3.7B
o Tivoli Enterprise Console 3.6.2
o Tivoli Distributed Monitoring 3.6.2

We are developing a 3-tier J2EE system. From the middle tier (Solaris, Oracle, Web Logic App Server), the EJB components (as well as any other C++ modules built) needs to integrate with Tivoli for handling alerts (for e.g., in case of exceptions, the Java programs need to send the information toTivoli so that Tivoli can handle alerts etc.)

Can any one let me know that various possibilities available to handle the above requirement .

The main query is How should a Java Application be instrumented to enable Application Management using Tivoli?

One possibility is to use API supplied by Tivoli. I need details on this also?

I need the exact details as most of documents seem to give pointers but not clear cut resaons.

It would be of great help if some give me precise answers from their experience.

Thanx a lot in advance,

rgds

vinodh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deeko
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Vinodh,

I know this probably won't help you but we're using the EIF JAVA classes supplied with 3.7.1. I wrote a java custom node in WMQI 2.1 to accept a simple XML layout and send the event off to a configurable class.

Previously used classes (such as the VisualAge connecters) were really flakey! These new EIF ones seem to be be OK and don't throw a wobbly if the TEC's down (it caches the events).

Regards,

Derek.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Tivoli JMX query
Jump to: