ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Mapping Node and Message sets

Mapping Node and Message sets « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kirank
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Mapping Node and Message sets Reply with quote

Centurion

I am trying to use mapping node for transformation. As i undersand we need to create message sets to generate two sides of the mapping. I can generate the message sets by importing XML schemas and then create map using the message sets. But couple of months down the line if I have to change the mapping becuase the XML schema has changed,
1. Do I need to delete the old message set and regenerate message set by importing the new schema? OR Can we do the Delta change without deleting message set and only adding/deleting required elements using the XML import?

2. Can we reuse the map generated in one message flow in another message Flow?

Thanks

Kiran
elvis_gn
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

Hi kirank,
kirank wrote:
Do I need to delete the old message set and regenerate message set by importing the new schema?

No you dont need to delete the message set, simply delete the messag definition and add the new schema as a new definition. Do this so that your message set Id does not change, else you will have to update all flows and documents where you have mentioned the set properties.

kirank wrote:
Can we reuse the map generated in one message flow in another message Flow?

Your question dosen't seem to be what you actually want to know, but Yes a mapping can be used in another flow.

I think you wanted to know if your existing maping node can be simply updated with the new message...
You will have to remove and add the set again, i think...i'm not sure if you can do a refresh whereby the new set will appear in the mapping node and the already mapped elements will be retained.
In such a case where you know the client is going to fool around with the message, you could rather use a compute node.

Regards.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Mapping Node and Message sets
Jump to: