ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » ASBO and GBO in an ICS system

ASBO and GBO in an ICS system « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
amateur10
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: ASBO and GBO in an ICS system Reply with quote

Centurion

At first, I thought there needs to be GBO for each ASBO. But in fact that is not true. is this correct? What I mean is that once we understand that the adapter creates an ASBO, then we can plan based on our requirement. There is nothing such that we have to have a GBO for a ASBO. As we discussed in previous thread, even an ASBO can enter into a collab. Then it is collab business how to do what i has to do. Is that right? Can someone clarify if I am wrong?

thanks
djeripo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Yes.
Maps are never mandatory.If you dont have any Map logic ,you can always the pass the ASBO to the Collab.
amateur10
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Map is necessary but map has to be run based on the message type which could be done only in collab. So, the connector instead of running a map, it hands over the ASBO to collab and then collab tkaes over right?
djeripo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Right
hopsala
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: ASBO and GBO in an ICS system Reply with quote

Guardian

amateur10 wrote:
There is nothing such that we have to have a GBO for a ASBO.

No, you don't have to use GBOs, but you definitely should. The whole idea is that if some day you start getting data from a different source (say WMQ or text file) you won't have to change a single line of code, only adapter configuration and maps. That, and if you change fields in your ASBO, again you won't have to change anything but your map. The whole "process seperation" frame of mind in a different form.

It's a clever idea, probably the only decent thinking the silly ICS people made; IMO, you should use it.
amateur10
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

I am new to ics so i am trying to clarify the concept. Let me clarify again. the only thing to understand is that the BO which we mentioned with scenario enters into collab. Then it is the business of collab ( our as developer) what to do with this bo. I agree with you, the whole concept is to transform, so ther should be GBO - a transformed object from the data received from applicaiton.
jeetendra
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amateur10 wrote:
Quote:
Map is necessary but map has to be run based on the message type which could be done only in collab. So, the connector instead of running a map, it hands over the ASBO to collab and then collab takes over right?

Does it mean, map is not invoked automatically by the connector controller when it receives ASBO? But the connector controller hands over the ASBO to collab and the in the collab we have to write code to invoke the appropriate map and do the transformation to GBO.

If it is so, then what is the purpose of specifying maps in the connector configurator on the Associated Maps tab page?

Jeetendra

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » ASBO and GBO in an ICS system
Jump to: