ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQIPT - MS81

MQIPT - MS81 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mcruse
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hello,

our MQSeries infrastructure has one server inside (LAN) and one in our DMZ. Incoming ports for connections are 1414. Outgoing ports are greater than 1023.

This is a wide range for firewall rules. With MQTCPSDRPORT it is possible to limit this range but there is no guarantee that other apps won't select one of these ports.

With MQIPT I have not found any configuration enty for outgoing ports. Is it possible to define outgoing ports with MQIPT?

The best solution will be one port for incoming and one for outgoing connections like a tunnel!

I am looking for to read this solution here

wkr

Markus Cruse
bower5932
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

I'm not sure that I understand your question. I thought that the MQIPT accepted input requests and you then told it where these requests would be forwarded to:

[route]
Name=route1441
ListenerPort=1441
Destination=bower5932.destination.com
DestinationPort=1414
ClientAccess=true

The above will accept input on port 1441 of the machine where MQIPT is running and route all of these requests to port 1414 on bower5932.destination.com. Is this what you are asking?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mcruse
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Quote:

On 2002-04-17 14:35, bower5932 wrote:
I'm not sure that I understand your question. I thought that the MQIPT accepted input requests and you then told it where these requests would be forwarded to:

[route]
Name=route1441
ListenerPort=1441
Destination=bower5932.destination.com
DestinationPort=1414
ClientAccess=true

The above will accept input on port 1441 of the machine where MQIPT is running and route all of these requests to port 1414 on bower5932.destination.com. Is this what you are asking?

Ok, I will accept requests from port 1441 (incoming port) and route all of them to port 1414. But how can I define the outgoing port for the connection to bower5932.destination.com. By default it will be the next free port >1023

With MQTCPSDRPORT I can define a range of ports used by MQSeries. My question is, can I define a static port for outgoing connections under MQIPT?

wkr

Markus

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQIPT - MS81
Jump to: