ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » message channel communication set up under Win2000

message channel communication set up under Win2000 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
stevesui
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All:
I am a newbie with MQSeries. I have installed MQSeries 5.2 under Win2000. It seems that I can never set up the message channel correct so that QMgr1 can send messages to qMGR2. Here are the steps that I followed:

1) create QMgr1, making sure its listener is listening on port 9898.
2) create QMgr2, making sure its listener is listening on port 9899.

//create sending side queues and channel for QMgr1.
3)define a remote queue definition, called Q1. (using the following command:
"define qremote(Q1) rname(Q1) remname(QMgr2) xmitq(xmq)"

4)define local transmission queue called xmq using the following command:
"define qlocal(xmq) usage(xmitq)"

5)define sender side of message channel using the following command:
"define channel(q1toq2) chltype(sdr) xmitq(xmq) trptype(tcp) conname (localhost(9899))"

//create receiving side queue and channel for Qmgr2

6) define local receving queue for Qmgr2 using the following script:
"define qlocal(Q1)

7) define receiving side message channel for Qmgr2 using the following script:
"define channel(q1toq2) chltype(rcvr) trptype(tcp)"

After running these command under runmqsc environment, all related objects are reported to have created successfully. I double-checked them using MQSeries explorer and found that they are displayed via the gui tool.

After that I use "API Exerciser" ( a gui tool to test mqseries command) under MQSeries First Steps) to test sending message from QMgr1 to Qmgr2. I was able to connect to Qmgr1 as queue manager. However, when I tried to connect Q1 (as remote queue defintion) using MQOPEN, it gave the error message of MQRC_OPTION_NOT_VALID_FOR_TYPE(2045). When I tried to use MQPUT1, It does accept the message, but the message always stayed in transmission queue,xmq. It never got sent to the channel, let alone over to QMgr2.

Can anybody tell me what went wrong in my setting? Or did I miss any steps? Or what?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Steve Sui

EddieA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

Steve,

Your setup is correct.

The API Exerciser, by default, opens a Queue as Input. This is not allowed for Remote Queues, hence the return code. Select the Advanced Mode check box before hitting the MQOPEN button. Then uncheck any Input Options and select MQOO_OUTPUT under Options. That will allow you to open the Queue.

Next. The record on the Transmit Queue is absolutely correct. By default, the Channels are not started. Just start the Sender Channel, on QMgr1, and the message should flow. There are ways to set the Transmit Queue so that it automatically starts the Channel when there are messages to send.

Cheers,

stevesui
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eddie:

Thanks a great deal!!!. I have tried a couple of days in vain. You saved my day. I tested your methods and it works for me fine now. I have tested with two q-managers in one box as well as in two boxes environment. It works like chime. Thank you very much again for your quick response.

Now that I have found a good forum, I will post more questions later.

Regards

Steve Sui

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » message channel communication set up under Win2000
Jump to: