ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Of BOs and Maps in ICS

Of BOs and Maps in ICS « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqmhr
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Of BOs and Maps in ICS Reply with quote

Centurion

I have a sample collaboration. Connector C1 is bound to the collab using Business Oj ASBO1. The collab has a scenario that needs to access the fields of a Business Obj GBO. So a map is defined between ASBO1-->GBO and is specified in the connector.

1. How do I access the GBO inside the scenario? I tried to refer it as InBoundBusObj but looks like that is resolved to ASBO1 rather than GBO. From the point of view of the collab, should not the InBoundBusObj be GBO as the mapping has already happened?

2. How do we ensure during runtime that the mapping actually takes place? Will it be logeed in the ICS Server logs? I am unable to observe any entries for the mapping. If mapping did not happen, what could be the possible reasons? All my connectors, maps and collab are properly delpoyed and running.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
vennela
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

By the time a collaboration is invoked the mapping has already been done. A collab always gets a GBO and not ASBO.

Quote:
2. How do we ensure during runtime that the mapping actually takes place?

The connector statistics should tell you that. In the system manager, you should be able to view how many BO's each connector has sent and received.

Quote:
1. How do I access the GBO inside the scenario? I tried to refer it as InBoundBusObj but looks like that is resolved to ASBO1 rather than GBO.

What makes you think so
Have you tested your Map?
What is the port name? Is it InBound ?
mqmhr
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Thank you for the reply, Vennela.

I have tested the map separately and there are no errors. The port name for the collab is InBound but I have associated the BO Type as ASBO1 with the port. I suppose this needs to be corrected to GBO. Is that right?

If the above statement is correct,as per the Ports and Triggering properties defintion of the collab, it will get triggered on event GBO.Verb

I am using the Client Simulator to send the ASBO1 through the connector to the collab. In such a case, the ASBO1.Verb is sent trigger the collab. How can this be used to trigger the collab?
vennela
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Quote:
I suppose this needs to be corrected to GBO. Is that right?

Right
You should always use GBO's for collabs.
Quote:
If the above statement is correct,as per the Ports and Triggering properties defintion of the collab, it will get triggered on event GBO.Verb

Correct
Quote:
I am using the Client Simulator to send the ASBO1 through the connector to the collab. In such a case, the ASBO1.Verb is sent trigger the collab. How can this be used to trigger the collab?

In the Map, you should also map the verb from ASBO to GBO. The verb field should be present on top of all the BO fileds on both sides. You can use move for the verb.
mqmhr
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

I was able to find and map the Verb field from the ASBO to GBO in the mapping editor.

But I am not able to send ASBO1.Retrieve from Client Simulator as I get the error message

Quote:
[AppConnector: java.lang.Exception: ERROR: No subscription for BusObj ASBO1 with verb Retrieve]

My questions are:

1. In this case, would the ASBO1 have gone to the Connector Controller that tried to call the map and the mapping failed?

2. Was ASBO1 never sent to the Connector Controller?
Ratan
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
But I am not able to send ASBO1.Retrieve from Client Simulator as I get the error message

Quote:
[AppConnector: java.lang.Exception: ERROR: No subscription for BusObj ASBO1 with verb Retrieve]

That is because you probably do not have subscription for that verb.
Check the ports and triggering events for your collaboration. Check if the Retrieve Verb is part of a triggering event and if it is assigned a scenario.

Quote:
1. In this case, would the ASBO1 have gone to the Connector Controller that tried to call the map and the mapping failed?

Connector Agent maintains a subscription list, so it should be returned by the agent.

Quote:
2. Was ASBO1 never sent to the Connector Controller?

Possibly Yes. ( I am not 100% sure though).
Ratan
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
1. How do I access the GBO inside the scenario? I tried to refer it as InBoundBusObj but looks like that is resolved to ASBO1 rather than GBO. From the point of view of the collab, should not the InBoundBusObj be GBO as the mapping has already happened?

You should be able to access the triggering Business Obj ( The GBO that triggered the Collaboration scenario), using 'triggeringBusObj'. For other GBOs you can either define them in the definitions or by default they are added as '<YourportName>BusObj'.
vennela
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Quote:
I was able to find and map the Verb field from the ASBO to GBO in the mapping editor.

Why NOT?
What version of ICS are you using
mqmhr
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Quote:
That is because you probably do not have subscription for that verb.
Check the ports and triggering events for your collaboration. Check if the Retrieve Verb is part of a triggering event and if it is assigned a scenario.

This is the essence of my question. I need to have and have defined a subscription for GBO.Retrieve in the collaboration template. However, using client simulator, I can send only ASBO1.Retrieve.

But neither can I define ASBO1.Retrieve as the triggering event for the collaboration (because we sould always use GBOs for collabs) nor send GBO.Retrieve from the client simulator (The client will send only ASBOs). Or does it mean that the collab needs to have subscribed for both GBO.Retrieve and ASBO.Retrieve. Or is there someone else who is subscribed for ASBO1.Retrieve and translates that event to GBO.Retrieve for the collab to get triggered?
vennela
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Go back and look in your Map designer. You can map the verb for sure. That will solve your problem.
mqmhr
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Quote:
Go back and look in your Map designer. You can map the verb for sure. That will solve your problem.

Vennela, I have already done this, as specified in my previous post. This was straightforward and had no issues with it. Thank you for that information.

Quote:

Will try to get hold of some ICS Toolset tutorial that solves the problem. Thank you all for the replies.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Of BOs and Maps in ICS
Jump to: