ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Archives - All » MQRC 2035 - Initiating Queue manager from C# code

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 MQRC 2035 - Initiating Queue manager from C# code « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Ralf L
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: MQRC 2035 - Initiating Queue manager from C# code Reply with quote

Hi,

I am getting MQRC 2035 when I connection to a remote queue manager located on an IBM OS/390.
My C# program is running on a Windows 2000 server with MQ Client 5.3. The IBM host has user authentication enable and the software works if I am logged on as that particular user on the Windows 2000 system but I would like to set the user ID in my C# program.

Does anyone know how I do this??

I am using the IBM MQ .NET class library.

Regard

Ralf
dunesand
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

2035 is the MQRC_NOT_AUTHORISED return code.

I foudn your message because I'm having the same problem at the moment, only I'm running IBM MQ via a web service. So this tells me that the server on which the web service is running, does not have access to the message queue. IBM MQ is probably running on the Administrator account, and it needs to be open to the AspNet account... something like that i think. If anyone else has ideas for this please let me know!

So with your problem, it may be the account (typical user) your using to run the program, is different to the account (administrator) through which the program was loaded onto your machine. Make sure you have the relevant rights to access the queue manager.

Hope that helps.
Daniel.
Ralf
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thansk for your reply.

My C# software works when I logon to the same Windows acctount which has been granted access on the IBM OS/390. I am not using any MQ Series server, only the MQ series client.

When I logon with another account on the Windows 2000 machine I get emmidietly get 2035 when I when the program initiates the MQQueueManger.
I checked with the administrator of the IBM host and he sees in the log file that my MQ Series call sends userid which I was logged on to.

What I would need is to be able to set the UserID in some kind of enviroment variable before connecting to the Queue manager.

In some usergroups I read about a method called MQEnviroment.UserID but this doesn't exist in the amqmdnet class I am using. I have the ma7P file installed.

Any ideas how to solve this???

JasonE
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You cant. The userid is picked up as the signed on userid whenever you go through the C layer (Which the .net interface eventually has to call to actually perform the operation). Your reference to MQEnvironment.userid is only true for Java, where you cannot query the userid property when running as a applet, and it is only effective in java client mode (which doesnt use the C client code).
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Hi Ralf,

Basically, you have 2 chooses: 1 semi-secure method and totally unsecured.

(1) The semi-secure method would be to define each required UserID on the mainframe and apply the appropriate amount of security to those UserIDs.

(2) For the totally unsecured method, simply put a UserID that does have access into the MCA UserID field for the SVRCONN channel.

Now if you option #2 and you work for a bank (or any financial institution) then pleas do let me know. Because I would like to setup a cron job to deposit a million bucks each month into my account.
(As much as that sounds ridiculous, you would be surprise how often that happens and the banks never make it publicly known!!!)

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Archives - All » MQRC 2035 - Initiating Queue manager from C# code
Jump to: