ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Cluestering MQ and MQI

Cluestering MQ and MQI « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
arhipov
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:05 am    Post subject: Cluestering MQ and MQI Reply with quote

Hi,

Is it possible to create an MQ cluster which consists of both WebSphere MQ and WebSphere MQ Integrator products?

Arhipov
jefflowrey
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

Can you be more specific about your question?

It's perfectly possible to put the MQSeries queue managers that are being used by instances of WMQI into an MQSeries cluster.

It's also perfectly possibly to put WMQI brokers into a 'broker collective' - which is only sort of like a cluster.
emiranda
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi,
You mean to put a queue manager AND a broker defined into the same resource group of a cluster?
I've never read nothing forbiding or not recomending this configuration. You should try (if you have a test environment)!
Cheers
arhipov
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your replies!

Maybe I’m on the wrong track altogether. My problem is following: a java application is used to process incoming messages. In order to improve availability and maybe scalability, we set up another instance of the java app. Now we have two java applications consuming the same messages. Each application is run in its own solaris-box with local queue manager. How can we make sure that every message is processed only once? We don’t want to route messages prematurely. Could clustering in any way help in this situation? We have a distrubuted Solaris environment and unfortunately we are not going to switch over z/OS.

Arhipov
emiranda
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Using MQOO_INPUT_EXCLUSIVE input option, you'll guarantee only one application can read each time, every time.

jefflowrey
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

arhipov wrote:
Thank you for your replies!

Maybe I’m on the wrong track altogether. My problem is following: a java application is used to process incoming messages. In order to improve availability and maybe scalability, we set up another instance of the java app. Now we have two java applications consuming the same messages. Each application is run in its own solaris-box with local queue manager. How can we make sure that every message is processed only once? We don’t want to route messages prematurely. Could clustering in any way help in this situation? We have a distrubuted Solaris environment and unfortunately we are not going to switch over z/OS.

MQSeries will prevent your two copies of your app from getting the same message. Unless you do things to work around that.

How is it that you have things set up so that each copy of the app is getting the same message as the other? Particularly if, as you say, each app is talking to a DIFFERENT queue manager?

You must be doing something to duplicate the message.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Cluestering MQ and MQI
Jump to: