ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Telemetry / Low Latency Messaging / Everyplace » MQEveryplace Questions

MQEveryplace Questions « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ericho
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: MQEveryplace Questions Reply with quote

Hi I downloaded the trial version of MQ Everyplace from the IBM site, and started playing around with it and reading the documentation. And I have a few questions, hopefully you guys can help me out.

1) So from my understanding a MQe Queue Manager need a remote queue definition and a connection definition in order to connect to another queue manager, doesn't this make MQe very hard to use. For example, if I want to connect a PDA with MQe to another MQe server, I will need to know its connection (e.g. address, etc.) and remote queue definition (e.g. names of queue, etc.)

2) I see from the site that it mentions about MQe being able to work well in an environment where network connection is low and not always connected. So my question is for example, I have a PDA and need to send message to a server then I would need remote queue defintion and connection definition to connect to the server to send my data. But how can I find out these information? because for example, the IP address may have changed let say, do I have to know this beforehand? As in, are there any sort of device tracking ability?

3) Does MQe support group messaging and transactional messaging? As in can I send a group of messages and assure the the entire group gets send / not just part of the group?

4) Does MQe support resume transmission, if I send 90% of message then gets disconnected, do I have to resend whole thing again?

5) Lastly, I went to the IBM website and looked at the pricing and it didn't make sense to me. It says MQe server processor cost $5000 or and device cost $40 or so. But in MQe, there is no strict server or client since you can configure your Queue Manager to do have either or both functionalities, so does anyone know anything about this.

Thanks .
E
YATAWAL
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

1) Yes, you need a connection definition and a remote queue definition.
You can let queue discovery automatically create a remote sync queue. In this case just a connection is all that's required. but note that the remote queue created is a sync queue and not async. You can also define an alias name for the queue on the server, which might make things easier.

2) The reccomendation is static IP Addresses for the MQe network. But with DHCP/DNS use you can use hostname in the connection and let it resolve itself.

3) MQe doesn't support message groups. However you can use message groups in the MQeMQMessage Object if your target is a MQ Server.

4) MQe doesn't use segmentation so I would say it retries to send the message again.

5) Pricing for MQe is dependent on the platform. Server type platforms (AIX, OS390, Windows) will carry the server license and client type platforms (Handheld, Point-of-sale, embeded Win32) will carry the client license . There are two licensing models a Network one (few servers and lots of clients) and Retail (lots of servers at stores and zero or more clients on Point-of-Sale devices).

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Telemetry / Low Latency Messaging / Everyplace » MQEveryplace Questions
Jump to: