ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Deploy And ICS Server !

Deploy And ICS Server ! « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
unichigid
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Deploy And ICS Server ! Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,

When I constructed some maps including sub maps and polymorphic maps, I did custom coding. I never deployed them to the server. But in the console window for IBM WebsphereICS, it shows couple of these maps with exceptions and the "server does not start".

The log file for the server also shows these maps and BO's and says the 'deploy success'. But when I try to connect from System Manager to server, it says "make sure the server is running".

I need some coments on this. What happens with the server and why it does not start and why does the status in services say "starting" ?

When I did some research I figured out that after I deleted the class files for these maps, terminate the program in the ICS console window and restart the server, it starts !
I do not recommend doing this deletion and termination everyday. Can anyone provide a solution for this.

Thanks,
Ravi
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Something got deployed that shouldn't have ?

Redeploy with the correct version (the one missing the offending objects)

djeripo
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Quote:
When I constructed some maps including sub maps and polymorphic maps, I did custom coding. I never deployed them to the server. But in the console window for IBM WebsphereICS, it shows couple of these maps with exceptions and the "server does not start".

So,Some of the ICS components are getting deployed without your knowledge?

Quote:
When I did some research I figured out that after I deleted the class files for these maps, terminate the program in the ICS console window and restart the server, it starts ! I do not recommend doing this deletion and termination everyday

You are doing this everytime when you want to start ICS?If it is so,Your maps are getting deployed somehow?
You have no problem with BO's staying there?

I would recommend you to 'Delete the repository' and recycle ICS.

Quote:
I need some coments on this. What happens with the server and why it does not start and why does the status in services say "starting" ?

Why did you have it as a Windows service?Even though,You have it ignore it.The place you need to check is InterchangeSystem.log or If you feel sick of checking in that,Do an Edit Confuguration on your ICS Server instance and direct it to console.
unichigid
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Deploy And ICS Server ! Reply with quote

Novice

Oops !

I see the system getting connected to the ICS server today ! I did not do any special tasks nor I deleted nor executed the termination program.
As usual I started the Persistent Name server and ICS server.

No idea what had hapenned. The log file also says the ICS server is ready.

Thanks,
Ravi
djeripo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

You are blessed.For you everything happens automatically.Do you have any magic stick?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Deploy And ICS Server !
Jump to: