ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Telemetry / Low Latency Messaging / Everyplace » MQ Everyplace on Pocket PC with C# .NET

MQ Everyplace on Pocket PC with C# .NET « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
chrisk
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: MQ Everyplace on Pocket PC with C# .NET Reply with quote

Where can I find a trial version of IBM's MQ Everyplace for Pocket PC? I am trying to develop an app for an HP Jornada 540 using C# and .NET.
Thanks in advance.
Chris K
YATAWAL
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Try the download from http://www.ibm.com/software/integration/wmqe/ where you should find a link on the right column with "Download WebSphere MQ Everyplace, V2.0 trial code". When installed in the default directory, the PocketPC examples are located at C:\Program Files\MQe\C\examples.
chrisk
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already downloaded mqe2011T.zip from http://www.ibm.com/software/integration/wmqe/. When I unzip that file, I don't find the directory structure mentioned (\Program Files\MQe\C\Examples). Regardless, I already have a C# application running under XP Pro, now I'd like to move it to a Pocket PC.

More importantly, I need the MQe Pocket PC native client. On page 95 of the IBM Redbook "WebSphere Everyplace Access Version 4.3 Handbook for Developers" (Nov 2003), it describes installing the "IBM Everyplace Client for Pocket PC. It mentions a "\client\PPC2002" directory. Then goes through step-by-step instructions concerning the install. My question is where did the client come from?

Thanks for you help.
Chris K
YATAWAL
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

If you look for additional material in the redbook, (appendix) there is a link ftp://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/SG247015 and a reference to a ZIP file sg247017.zip (Zipped Code Samples).
chrisk
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, but as I said I don't need sample code. I need an evaluation copy of the Pocket PC client. The directory structures described on page 95 of the IBM Redbook "WebSphere Everyplace Access Version 4.3 Handbook for Developers" (see previous post) do not exist in this zip file you reference.

Chris K
YATAWAL
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

I see, perhaps we are talking about two different products here. The red book is detailing WEA Client and the question was initially about WMQE client. Two different things. On page 107, there is a link for downloading the WEA client.
http://www.ibm.com/software/pervasive/ws_everyplace_access/support/
Click on the 'Client' link below the link for trial code and that you get you a page with several links to choose the platform you require.
chrisk
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies for the confusion. I am attempting to sort through the piles of software that IBM has branded WebSphere and I'm making quite a mess of it. Allow me to back-up for a moment. I am attempting to create an application for a Pocket PC device that will send messages to an MQ Queue on our mainframe. I had expected this to be as straight-forward as using the C# and MQ 5.3 client on Windows XP. Obviously, I was mistaken.

Can you suggest a place to begin researching this? Perhaps a white paper or article?

Thanks for your patience.
YATAWAL
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

OK, so its WMQE (MQe) or WebSphere MQ Everyplace you need and not WEA the WebSphere Everyplace Access client (that's for comms and not queueing).

MQ Everyplace provides the toolkit to create a queue manager on the PocketPC and talk to a MQ Queue Manager via a WMQE server.

The first step is to download the WMQE trial code, which you have done I think. Typically the C# .Net will use wrappers around the C-Native APIs to talk to MQe. First step is to get the C-Native sample code working using the examples. In ..\MQe\C\examples\src\MQ_Message.c a basic program is given which puts a message to MQ.

The next step is to create this connection.
PocketPC -> WMQE Server(with MQ Bridge)-> MQ

The best way to do this depends on how familar you are with MQe.

In ..\MQe\java\demo\windows there are three batch files which sets up these tiers using Branch->Gateway->Central terminology.

For a more step by step explanation its best to download the ES02 support pack and use the GUI MQeExplorer tool and follow the scripted approach given in the chapter 13.Sample Scripts -> Gateway Configuration and Use. MQe Gateway is ofcourse the name for a MQe Server with the MQBridge.

The ES02 support pack is available at:
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/integration/support/supportpacs/
chrisk
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesone! Excellent information. I'm on my way now. I'll repost when I have something working.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
yoramda
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: MQ for .Net Reply with quote

chrisk wrote:
Awesone! Excellent information. I'm on my way now. I'll repost when I have something working.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi

I have read your last comments on the mq and .net
i have that same senario , trying to connect our employees with
pocket pc --> mainframe throu the MQ everyplace

Did you manage to work with the MQ everyplace for pocket pc
if yes did you wrote a c# wrapper to the c native code??

i would be very gratefull if you can supplly information

Thx

Yoram Dahan.
oferikoh
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Yoram!

How are you?

Well.... regarding your question.... I happen to have some basic experience with the PocketPC mq everyplace c libraries, and if you will give me a few weeks, i will have a working c# wrapper for the basic stuff for the .net compact framework you might want to use....

See ya,
Ofer
kreationist
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Quote:
and if you will give me a few weeks, i will have a working c# wrapper for the basic stuff for the .net compact framework you might want to use

I need thos badly , plz. send them ASAP to kma_mousa@yahoo.com
oferikoh
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there all,
I have received a number of requests for the wrapper libs of MQSeries for the .NET Compact Framework i developed.

Unfortunately, the IP (Intellectual Properties) of that source code are not mine but the company I work for. So I cant publish/redistribute it for free. Please contact me directly at ofer@dooblo.net if you would like to purchase the library for your organization use.

Regards,
Ofer

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Telemetry / Low Latency Messaging / Everyplace » MQ Everyplace on Pocket PC with C# .NET
Jump to: