ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Archives - All » MQVE with MQRFH and XML

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 MQVE with MQRFH and XML « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
D Gallant
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: MQVE with MQRFH and XML Reply with quote

We plan on requiring all MQ messages to use XML so the XML viewer is a nice feature. However, I have been experimenting with MQRFH2 headers and noted that the XML viewer does not work because presumably it is trying to parse the MQRFH2 as part of the message. The message content after the RFH2 is the same XML it parsed successfully before I hadded the header.

Is there any possibility that the XML Viewer might be enhanced to bypass the MQRFH header or some similar XML viewing capability added to the MQRFH2 tab if the message body is XML?

Douglas Gallant
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Hi Douglas,

Actually, I'm going to go with the latter style. I'm going to add the XML Viewer to the RFH2 panel. I'll most likely have a radio button where you can select between plain data and XML tree.

As soon as I get the new security exits ported to the mainframe, I'll start working on MQVE enhancements (most likely late summer).

I already have several must-haves for the next release but I will add your request to the top 10 list.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
D Gallant
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great. Thank you.

I did want to pass along one other issue I ran into with MQRFH2. In my early tests I was not always getting the length field correct in the length/value pairs. This typically resulted in MQVE attempting to retrieve messages from the queue and then just stopping with the message box open with "processing 1 of 1"and the progress bar having just barely moved. The cancel button still worked to end whatever was happening but no message was shown.
This behavior occurred both when I forgot to include the length field entirely and also when the length specified was shorter than the actual field (22 vs. 24 chars in my test case). However, the MQRFH-STRUCLENGTH field was always correct.
When I got the fields and lengths correct MQVE worked as it should.

Although I don't think it matters I will also mention that the Encoding, CCSID and NameValueCCSID fields of MQRFH2 are the values 17, 307 and 696 all of which are incorrect. This is a server problem that I'm pursuing with the vendor and sounds like it will be remedied soon. (The actual values on the message in the queue are correct[273, 819, 1208], they just aren't being presented to the application correctly.)
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Hi,

I'll see if I can add more exception handling around RFH2 folder length fields.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Archives - All » MQVE with MQRFH and XML
Jump to: