ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Any Problems Doing Request/Reply on a Citrix Server?

Any Problems Doing Request/Reply on a Citrix Server? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
MillsPerry
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Any Problems Doing Request/Reply on a Citrix Server? Reply with quote

Acolyte

We have just added an MQ request/reply component to a client server application running on a Citrix server. We are noticing that when users make requests at the same time (within a fraction of a second) they are getting crossed replies (user A get's user B's reply and vice versa).

I am careful to match on correlation id when getting the reply, so I wonder whether the Citrix environment itself is messing us up (i.e., many users on the same machine requesting at the same time)?

Has anybody else had experience using request/reply in a Citrix environment?

Thanks!
jefflowrey
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

If you are allowing MQ to create the message ID, and copying the message from the request to the reply correlation ID, then there is no way this could happen. It also can't happen if you are allowing MQ to generate the correlation ID.

If you are not using an MQ generated message ID/correlation ID... then the problem is with your generation scheme not with Citrix.

MQ's generation ID will be unique - assuming you have uniquely named Qmgrs.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Any Problems Doing Request/Reply on a Citrix Server?
Jump to: