ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » MA7k Trigger Monitor - Installed thru MTS?

MA7k Trigger Monitor - Installed thru MTS? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

My admin guys installed MA7k, the Client Trigger Monitor service, using MTS. The trigger monotor service starts, I see the IPROCS go up on the init queue, the event viewer says the monitor picked up the message and that it started the right app, BUT, no app gets started. If I run runmqtmc, again over MTS, everything works great.

Is MA7K failing cuz it was installed over MTS?

PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Looks like Micrsoft Terminal Services was the culprit. I went down to the server and reran the setup executable for the Client Trigger Monitor Service. It works 100% now.

donthomas
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Pete, As an FYI. I have run into triggering problems trying to get MQ to trigger an app that is run under MTS. My trigger monitor was running locally to the qmgr but it also would fail to start the application. It turned out that MTS also does authentication when requested to start an app and the MQ id was not included in the MTS database. In my case the solution was to have MQ run under an id that MTS recognized.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » MA7k Trigger Monitor - Installed thru MTS?
Jump to: