ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » (resolved) Listener Problem in Windows OS

(resolved) Listener Problem in Windows OS « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
neophyte
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: (resolved) Listener Problem in Windows OS Reply with quote

Hey All,
I am new to MQ series, may be this looks like simple question but I wanted to know, when i create a queue, queue Manager, listener, channel and all of those stuff required for communication in Windows then I am able to see the listener in Webspher MQServices window.
But if I do it in command mode , and when i come back to MQServices window I am not able to see that , eventhough everything is working fine, I mean I am able to send messages , and recive messages.

Any suggestions for this are welcome.
neophyte
JasonE
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Are you saying if you manually start runmqlsr, that the services gui is not showing a listener - If so, that is the expected behaviour.

The services GUI shows the *services* which are configured/running. Ie those things launched under the MUSR_MQADMIN (or domain) id.

If you want to go this route, investigate amqmdain, ie you would do something like:
crtmqm QM
amqmdain crtlsr ....
amqmdain crttrm ....
amqmdain start QM

This makes all the actions as though you had done them though the GUI, and when you log off they will continue to run!
neophyte
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jason,
But where can we find the syntax for these

amqmdain crtlsr ....
amqmdain crttrm ....
amqmdain start QM

I created using crtmqm qm1
strmqm
runmqsc qm1
define qlocal
define channel...................

and after doing all these , do i need to start listener for every time when i need to put messeges and get messages , unlike in "GUI" once we start it and forget it, if i want to keep the listener to be started always, I am still using windows only , i mean from command prompt . what should I do, any clue?

Once again thanks for your reply.
Neophyte
JasonE
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

System admin guide (Chapter 17) contains the syntax for amqmdain and its various options like crtlsr etc.

If you use command line options, yes - you need to start listener for every time you login (and dont logout!)

If you use GUI or amqmdain then you get the functionality you are after.
jefflowrey
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

JasonE wrote:
If you use command line options, yes - you need to start listener for every time you login (and dont logout!)

Or use something like Scheduled Tasks and a .bat or .com file to start things in the background at startup.

But really, amqmdain or the GUI is the right way to do this... for most values of right...
neophyte
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys,
I will try that way and let u know if i get any problems. Thanks for your replies.
Neophyte

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » (resolved) Listener Problem in Windows OS
Jump to: