ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » SendMailPlugin - cannot chdir (/var/spool/mqueue)

SendMailPlugin - cannot chdir (/var/spool/mqueue) « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
simon.starkie
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

The message "135118 >>> Cannot chdir(/var/spool/mqueue): The file access permissions do not allow the specified action." appears in the -Xlogfile for when using the SendMailPlugIn. The permissions for this directory indicate it is owned by root and thus user mqsi (the one that "owns" the thread sending the mail) is denied permissions:
drwxrwx--- 2 root system 1024 Mar 25 13:30 mqueue

But sendmail from the AIX command line works. Any idea why?
Should I just change the permissions/ownership of the /var/spool/mqueue and bounce the daemon?
Thanks.

[ This Message was edited by: simon.starkie on 2002-03-25 14:13 ]
simon.starkie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

The problem was caused by the properties associated with the SendMailPlugIn node in the Control Center. There seems to be a bug with SendMailPlugin properties file that came with the support pack. This bug alows you to only only provide parameters for the SendMail tab if you first update the SMTP tab and set the SMTP Server (a required field) to some particular value of your choosing. Evidently, I had typed "xxx" in this SMTP Server field of the SMTP tab in order to get updates into the SendMail tab later on. To get around the problem, I deleted the SendMailPlugIn nodes from the Control Center and then re-added it back again (i.e. re-deploying the SendMailPlugin & SendMailPlugin.wdp files to the directory as descibed in the PDF document). After this, I made sure to make no changes to either the SMTP or the SendMail tabs and now it works. Of course, the bug remains and I'll need to fix it if we ever want to use any of the nodes variables (i.e. name of the From person, or Log all traffic) associated with the SendMail tab.
zpat
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Please make sure you Email the author of the support pac with this information.
simon.starkie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

I sure will.

By the way, I changed the SendMailPlugIn file so that the Attribute for the ServerName in the SMTP section has valueMandatory set to "false" instead of "true". This fixed the required field issue on the SMTP tab, and I can now go ahead and set the attributes as expected for just the SendMail tab without having to change the SMTP tab (because the SMTP Server is no longer required).
However, if I set the "Log All Traffic" attribute on the SendMail tab to some file (i.e. /tmp/SendMailPlugin.log), then the permissions problem on the /var/spool/mqueue file returns. Removal of this "Log All Traffic" attribute fixes the permissions problem. So it looks like the permissions problem is related to the specific SendMail "Log All Traffic" attribute. The SMTP required field is a red herring.

[ This Message was edited by: simon.starkie on 2002-04-03 14:56 ]

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » SendMailPlugin - cannot chdir (/var/spool/mqueue)
Jump to: