ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Disabling Cluster Sender Channel

Disabling Cluster Sender Channel « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
catwood2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Disabling Cluster Sender Channel Reply with quote

Centurion

If I turn off triggering on the SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE is the impact that no sender channel will be created?
We have a testing requirement - to allow the application to service it's input queue and write messages to cluster queues. However, we don't want the messages to actually be sent to the target queue/qmgr. After the test, we would drain the cluster xmit queue. I have been thru the cluster manual and searched some posts and I can't find it stated black and white that the trigger on the xmit queue is what creates the sender channel. And, obviously, I'm on a learning curve with clusters.
thanks for any advice.
siliconfish
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Why don't you SUSPEND tha queue manager from the cluster so that no messages will be sent to that queue manager.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

siliconfish wrote:
Why don't you SUSPEND tha queue manager from the cluster so that no messages will be sent to that queue manager.

That only advises work to not come TO this QM. It does not prevent work from leaving this QM.

CatWood2, I have never tried it, but you could GET_INHIBIT the S.C.T.Q. The channels would not be able to pull the messages then. (I have never dones this to cluster transmit q -do it in TEST first!) Just turning triggering off would prevent new channels from starting, but existing ones would remain running and pulling messages.

Once you reenabled for GETs, it should retrigger automatically.
siliconfish
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Peter - I meant SUSPEND the TARGET Queue Manager. Wouldn't it work in his case?
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

No. I used the word "advises" purposly. If the target QM is hsoting the only q in the cluster, the message will still go there to the suspended QM. Suspending a QM is telling the cluster "Don't send me anything if there are other QMs in the cluster that can take this message. But if you have to send it to me (I have the only q, or the message is addressed specifically to me), then I guess I will take it."

The only way of taking a QM out of a cluster so no messages go to it no matter what is to stop the CLUSSRCVR channel. Or end the QM.

SUSPEND is not as strong as people think, but sometimes is just what the doctor ordered.
Nigelg
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Triggering of cluster channels is not the same as for normal distributed channels, so changing the cluster xmitq TRIGGER attribute has no effect.
You could just try stopping the CLUSSDR channels to STOPPED status. The msgs will stay in the cluster xmitq then, and you can drain them later.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Disabling Cluster Sender Channel
Jump to: