ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Gateway QM into a Cluster

Gateway QM into a Cluster « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
DJGoodrich
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Gateway QM into a Cluster Reply with quote

Apprentice

We are implementing a solution to provide access to a cluster, from a non-clustered QM. The outside QM will connect connect to one of two "DMZ" QMs, via standard sdr/rcvr channels. The cluster contains 4 QMs, DMZ1, DMZ2, BRK1, BRK2.

The problem we are having is when the outsider connects to either DMZ1 or DMZ2, the message is not being routed to the Broker QM via clustering. It ends up in the DLQ with a 2082(unknown alias). I have QA on DMZ1(clustered), pointing to the cluster input queue, defined on BRK1, and BRK2. From both the Windows GUI, and via command line, I see the queues defined to the cluster.

For my test environment, all QMs are on Windows 2000, MQ V5.3, CSD7. For the production environment, it will be all Linux RedHat AS V2.1

thanx in advance!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

This is a flaky thing about clustering I found. You cannot cluster a remote queue def. You can define it on a QM that is in a cluster, and have the RQNAME be inside or outside the cluster, just don't set the CLUSTER attribute of the Remote Queue Def itself.

That should solve your problem.

It got us many times early on, and we have a rule - Don't Cluster Remote Queue Defs! Its weird. I consider it a bug.
DJGoodrich
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

the QR definition on the 'outsider' is not clustered. the QA on the DMZ(target of the QR from the outsider) is clustered, as well as the QL on the broker.

there are no QR definitions on any of the clustered QMs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
rammer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Hi, yourset up looks virtually the same as mine, I did the following and it works fine (although not sure if it the way IBM would suggest)

External Queue Manager puts to a QR called TO_BROKER which has a RQMNAME set to ENTRANCE

the DMZ Queue MAnager then has a local queue called ENTRANCE with blank rname and blank rqmname.

On the Broker we have a queue alias clusterd called TO_BROKER pointing to a local queue.

Hope this helps.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

OH. QA is Queue Alias, not some remote queue called QA.

Post the definition of QA that runmqsc produces when you do a display queue please. You should be able to do what you are describing.
DJGoodrich
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thank you Rammer, that worked...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Gateway QM into a Cluster
Jump to: