ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » API Exits on AS400 - Error message

API Exits on AS400 - Error message « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
MB
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: API Exits on AS400 - Error message Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi All,
when i add the section in QM.ini file

ApiExitLocal:
Name=MIRRORM
Sequence=3
Function=EntryPoint
Module=QGPL/MIRRORM
Data=MQ_NAME - Name listname

and when i restart the QueueManager the error it gives is "Text not available for message AMQ7214 file AMQMSG. "

when i saw the documentation it gives me this message

AMQ7214 The module for API Exit '&3' could not be loaded.
Explanation: The module '&4' for API Exit '&3' could not be loaded for reason &5.
User Response: Correct the problem with the API Exit module '&3'.

Can any of you tell me what to do in this scenario.

Regards,
~MB
clindsey
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

MB,

I don't have an answer for you but I can suggest an approach to help diagnose it. With the other distributed platforms, the entry point is key and it has to be exported during the build. I didn't see any mention of this for iSeries, though. I would recommend that you configure the AMQSAXE api exit that is shipped with the product. This will verify that your setup in the qm.ini is correct and that you can load a known good exit.

Once this is done, take a close look at the source code for mirrorq.c compared to the source for amqsaxe0.c that is shipped with iSeries to see if there is anything special for EntryPoint or MQStart.

A couple of items I see in the doc regarding exit pgms on iSeries:
-The programs must also be bound to the threaded WebSphere MQ libraries: QMQM/LIBMQM_R
-WebSphere MQ for iSeries requires that the exit programs are enabled for teraspace support. (Teraspace is a form of shared memory introduced in OS/400 V4R4.)

Hope this helps.
Charlie
MB
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: 2009 Error on AS/400 when API Exit is enabled Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi,

I was working with mirrorq on AS/400 and I could successfully achieve mirroring. I used AMQSPUT0 in AS/400 to test this.

Yesterday, we started facing an issue. Earlier, using a tool developed in Java, we used to connect to AS/400 QMs and put messages in Queues. Since yesterday, we started getting '2009' error for MQCONN with the same Java tool. Entry in the AMQERR01.LOG shows :

AMQ9999: Channel program ended abnormally.
EXPLANATION:
Cause . . . . . : Channel program 'SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN' ended abnormally.

As part of looking into the issue, we tried removing the API Exit stanza from the QM.ini and then the Java tool could successfully connect.
We repeated this adding the exit and removing the exit from the QM.ini for a couple of times - Java tool works if and only if there is no Exit stanza in the QM.ini
When exit stanza is present, my exit works fine with AMQSPUT0.

We have similar setup on AIX too. Java tool connects successfully to all QMs even when exit is enabled and the exit works well too.

It would be great if someone has a solution for this.

Thanks and Regards,
MB

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » API Exits on AS400 - Error message
Jump to: