ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » DBCS Character output using TCS

DBCS Character output using TCS « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vallu
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: DBCS Character output using TCS Reply with quote

Apprentice

Dear all,

I have a question and need your help in resolving the issue.

Environment:
WMQI21 + CSD 06 (200206)

Requirement:
Convert delimited messages to Fixed width

Our Approach:
Use TDS (Variable Elements Delimited) as Input and
Use TDS (Fixed length) as Output.

Problem:
One of the Input fields involves a Japanese name of "variable length" (Max of 10 characters (20 bytes). Output needs to be sent to a different system with 22 bytes as output. The output is padded with spaces on the left.

Hence I defined a string element for the output TDS compound type and assigned the length as 22 bytes (Bytes is the only choice i got in TDS strings).

When I get 2 japanese characters as input, I know that it is 4 bytes in length and I would expect broker to pad 18 spaces to make the output 22 bytes. The broker adds 20 spaces to make it 24 bytes in total.

Is there some body who understands my problem? and if so, please suggest me some approach, using my design. I guess it could be done using CWF, by using "Character Units" at the element level.

I am using 932 as my CCSID in the input message. This is for ASCII Japanese characters.

Input/Output sample data structure
Input (Delimited):Real sample contains japanese characters that are double byte.
-------
abc|cde
zq|efg

Output (Fixed width):
--------
abcxxcdexxxxx
zqxxxefgxxxxx

where x is space.

vallu
vallu
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

I have tried several combinations.
CCSID 819 seems to have worked well with the broker. Using this CCSID at the message level, the broker was able to parse the message properly in fixed length, with TDS parser. But, java program is not able to put the dbcs chars properly into the queue, using 819. It needs 932 to be able to write the correct data.

Any suggestions welcome.

Vallu

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » DBCS Character output using TCS
Jump to: