ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Archives - All » icons flatten out in VE 1.2.2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 icons flatten out in VE 1.2.2 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
dawerbuch
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: icons flatten out in VE 1.2.2 Reply with quote

Novice

Roger,

I downloaded and installed VE 1.2.2 yesterday.

As I pass the mouse over a 3d button on the toolbar, it gets highlighted. When I move the mouse away, the button does not return to the raised position, nut instead loses it s-dimensionality and appears flat on the window background. It does matter which look and feel is selected.

I suspect this is not the correct behavior.

Dave A.
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Hi,

Yes, in an earlier version (maybe 1.0.3) of MQ Visual Edit, I changed the toolbar icon style to match Windows XP style. In other words, the toolbar icons remain flush until the mouse passes over them, at which time they raise up. The buttons should be click-able when you put the mouse over them.

Since most people run MQ Visual Edit on Windows (yes, yes there are some people who run it on Linux and AIX, etc..), I decided to have toolbar match that environment style (the 3-d state appears and disappears as you move the mouse over the buttons).

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
dawerbuch
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: 3d icons change state Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Roger,

Yes, I understand what you are saying, but I see I was not clear in my original message, so pelase allow me to rephrase it.

When I start the application, the icons on the toolbar all have a raised 3d appearance. As I mouseover an icon, it does not raise (as you stated) but merely become highlighted. As I mouseoff the icon, it does not return to rasied 3d, but instead become flat.

Therefore, if I mouseover an icon, its appearance on the toolbar is now different from all the other icons. In fact, any icon that I do not mouse over will remain raised 3d, while any icon that has been moused-over (what a word!!) will appear differently. This results in two different appearances for similar objects in the same states.

I feel this is inconsistent, and may be confusing. I also do not recall seeing this behavior in the previous version, but I no longer have the prev version available to verify.

Dave A.
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Hi,

That is odd. I need more info about your setup:

- What OS & service pack are you running MQ Visual Edit on?
- What 'Look&Feel' are you using in MQ Visual Edit (Metal, CDE/Motif or Windows)??
- What JVM are you using? (click Help->About to find out)

Also, this may sound weird, but did you uninstall the previous version and then install v1.2.2 or did you install over top of the old version??

I have seen some very weird and very unexplainable behaviour in MQ Visual Edit when you just install over top of the previous version (rather than uninstall first). I don;t know if it is a Windows issue or JVM problem but the MQVE.jar is correct but it has wierd behaviour.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger,

I did install over the previous version. I tend to do that with all updates I install, unless specifically told to do otherwise. This way I feel more assured that th enew software will detect and preserve the configuration information from the previous release.

If I need to uninstall and install, please let me know.

- What OS & service pack are you running MQ Visual Edit on? Win NT4 SP6
- What 'Look&Feel' are you using in MQ Visual Edit (Metal, CDE/Motif or Windows)?? Windows
- What JVM are you using? (click Help->About to find out) 1.4.1 from Sun

I hope this helps. Keep up the great work.

Dave A.
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Hi,

Your info should be store in your 'My Documents' folder. But you can check for the following 2 files in the 'My Documents' folder:
- .MQVE.properties
- CommProfileDB.properties

I would like you to do the following:
- Uninstall ALL previous versions MQ Visual Edit. (i.e. Start->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs and remove all MQ Visual Edit occurances).
- Go to C:\Capitalware\MQ Visual Edit and delete the directory and everything in it.
- Download the MQ Visual Edit v1.2.2. that includes the JVM (23MB download).
- Install it.
- Try it out.

I know you have JVM of v1.4.1 but the MQ Visual Edit with JVM is the internationized version at release level v1.4.2. Note: Installing MQ Visual Edit with the JVM will NOT affect other programs on your PC using Java because it is buried within the MQ Visual Edit directory structure.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Archives - All » icons flatten out in VE 1.2.2
Jump to: