ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Archives - All » DaVinci Software

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 DaVinci Software « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
BillMoy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: DaVinci Software Reply with quote

I finally started to checkout PDAs and although I have owned a daVinci 2mb for quite a while, my head wasn't ready for the platform switch. Now that I have, I see that it is quite true that there is next to zero software for daVinci's except for what I find with CapitalWare. Thank you very much!! Question: I take note of the warning re harmful effects of installing ALL programs outside of original daVinci models (outside of 98R and 99R series.) Is there an explanation why this is, and is there a fix? For example, given the nature that daVinci's OS resides in ROM, how is it possible to harm the unit where a reset cannot return it to its original state? Also, is it possible to somehow alternitively boot a non-default or older version daVinci OS to make the 2Mb version behave like an older model to run available software? Much thanks for any help anyone can give. --Bill
BillMoy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Addendum to original post. Reply with quote

Bill here again, and now that I have just read Roger's reply to another daVinci help post, threre's no need for Roger to reiterate. Since new daVinci owners or those who acquired a used unit,will find your valuable site, perhaps you might want to mention on the site that the forum is not for daVinci topics. Also, since an 2Mb owner may not be familiar with how older models transfers/installs software, you my want to denote why "we are out of luck." Any insights would be greatly appreciated. thanks. --Bill
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

The information that you have found is correct. One would think that the manufacturer, Royal (and Olivetti), would provide the information you seek but sadly they are not into the customer service game.

Hence, my site, a user supported web site, is the only place you will find this information.

Actually, since Royal stopped making the original DaVinci back in 1999 (the one that supports downloading of software), there will come a time in the near future that I will no longer make available the DaVinci downloads and information.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Archives - All » DaVinci Software
Jump to: