ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » W2K Cluster running MQ series

W2K Cluster running MQ series « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
xxmanau
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: W2K Cluster running MQ series Reply with quote

Can anybody help me ???
When started to use MQ Series it were running on a single machine with W2K to transfer messages between the website and the central system and vice-versa. Due to the criticism of this service it were decided to implement a cluster so it has been decided to go ahead with MQ running on a W2K cluster system. The application had been installed on top of this cluster and it seemed to work out fine during several months. Meanwhile new queues and channels were defined on top of this new solution and everything looks fine but it weren't. When using the new queues and channels on machine 2 there were no problems at all, but every time the cluster changes to machine 1 we started to find the first problems. Those new queues, when on machine 1, do the normal processing accepting PUT instructions going through the right channels and returning back right to the appropriate queue where it was expected to GET the message. The problem is that when GET is issued it doesn't return the message so the system response is a timed out operation. I traced the whole path of the message and there is no MQ error. The message is received by the right queue goes to the central system pick up the right return message and deliver it to the right queue, and as it is a no persistent message after 15 seconds it is gone from the return queue and not delivered. Tracing inside MQ returns no errors, the website code used does not invoke the machine name but the cluster name and I can't find were the problem is.
JasonE
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
Those new queues, when on machine 1, do the normal processing accepting PUT instructions going through the right channels and returning back right to the appropriate queue where it was expected to GET the message. The problem is that when GET is issued it doesn't return the message so the system response is a timed out operation

Can you explain it again in terms of the specific failing case, giving example q , cluster and machine names. How far can you track the message - are you sure it is put. Is it dead lettered (check the dlq on both nodes). Do you have q names which are the same as clustered qs on other nodes etc. If so, what defbind options are on the failing q's vs the working q's.

Quote:
as it is a no persistent message after 15 seconds it is gone from the return queue and not delivered.

This is true only if you have expiry turned on.
jefflowrey
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

JasonE wrote:

Quote:
as it is a no persistent message after 15 seconds it is gone from the return queue and not delivered.

This is true only if you have expiry turned on.

Or if he is rebooting his QM every 15 seconds.
J.Dawson
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: W2K Cluster running MQ series Reply with quote

Novice

The way that I read this is that this is a single queue manager on a pair of Microsoft cluster servers. Is this correct?

Thanks,

John
JasonE
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Interesting - I read it as MQ clustering rather than operating system clustering! I think we need clarification

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » W2K Cluster running MQ series
Jump to: