ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Separating Websphere Application Server and JMS/MQ

Separating Websphere Application Server and JMS/MQ « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jstrahn
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Separating Websphere Application Server and JMS/MQ Reply with quote

All,

Forgive me if this is a little unclear as I don't have a lot of MQ experience.

Here is the problem I have:

We had a server setup with Websphere Application Server which was connected to another server running WSMQ. Both servers were behind the company firewall and this worked well.

The problem now is that the group that administers the WAS server needs to put it in the DMZ to facilitate public access. Our network security people will not open ports 1414-14xx to allow that server to communicate with the WSMQ server.

So, Is it possible to have the WAS communicate with a middle server over a proprietary port and have the middle server run WSMQ? Somehow have the WAS server trigger events on the middle WSMQ server to do puts, gets, etc?

Sorry, I know that is very vague but like I said I don't have a lot of experience with this. Let me know your thoughts.
bower5932
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

It sounds to me like you need to look at SupportPac MS81: WebSphere MQ Internet pass-thru. You might be able to use it to route requests from the WAS machine to the WMQ machine. It is at:

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/integration/support/supportpacs/individual/ms81.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jstrahn
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bower,

Thank you for the response. That is my problem...I should have elaborated. Our network security strictly forbids a proxy server in the DMZ used for passthrough.

Is there any other way than this?

-Jesse
bower5932
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

I'd still take a look at MS81. The WMQ IPT has quite a few capabilities for "getting around" firewalls. It has the capability of using http and http proxies which might solve your problem. It has a manual with it and quite a few diagrams of the kinds of things that it can do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jstrahn
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will read through the documentation. Thank you for the help Bower.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Separating Websphere Application Server and JMS/MQ
Jump to: