ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » MSCS control Clustering

MSCS control Clustering « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mathiss
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

We have loaded MQ version 5.2, CSO 2, MC74 Support pac for Windows 2000n or nt. Mqseries will work with no errors if we make if a default queue only. The support pac suggests not ot make a default. Has anyone out there used this support pac? Are there any environment variables that need to be different to use this support pac?

Thanks
Sue
TonyD
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

We have used this Supportpac with an MQ Cluster and our queue managers (4) are not default queue (managers...is this what you mean?). What problems are you getting?
mathiss
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

When we run or processes they are unable to find the manager. And we do use the Queue manager name explicidly in attaching. We get a 2059 mq code on the open session. If we use the same system except for making the queue manager a default it runs with no problem. Any information you can give me on this is greatly appreciated
Sue
TonyD
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

It does not sound as if this problem is MSCS-related although it may be. Did these same processes connect OK before you added the queue managers to the Microsoft cluster.
We followed the supportpac instructions very closely and had no connection problems. The queue managers are MQSI Broker QMs and the MQSI broker processes are the ones that connect.
Did the creation of the cluster group appear to work OK and can you successfully fail over from one node to another and back again. It is important that you specify the virtual IP addresses in your channel definitions and also for any SVRCONN channels. It is also important, although I don't think it would cause your problem, to use the MSC console to start and stop queue managers that are in the cluster.
Just out of interest I defined a client connection to one of our cluster qms and tried to run amqsbcgc against a queue. When I used the real IP address I got a '2059', when I used the virtual IP address I could browse the queue OK.
I would also look in /qmgrs/QMName/errors to see if there are any indicative messages.
As we only have MSCS on our Production system, and I do not have access to the NT machines, I am not able to try to run local processes against the QMs to see if I can recreate your problem.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » MSCS control Clustering
Jump to: