ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » mqrc 2079, Published messages not reaching to destination

mqrc 2079, Published messages not reaching to destination « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
bruce2359
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: mqrc 2079, Published messages not reaching to destinatio Reply with quote

Poobah

KaviKM wrote:
Yeah
receiving qmgr also has all cluster receiver channels have 100 mb maxmsgl
as well the required queues have max msg length

What does "Yeah" mean? Does it mean that you have taken action(s) that were suggested?

MQ channels work in pairs. A CLUSSDR connects a cluster qmgr to a/its full-repository (FR) qmgr, while the CLUSRCVR channel is used as a template for other qmgrs in the cluster to create CLUSSDRA or CLUSSDRB channels back - initially from the FR.

Please display CLUSRCVR channel status MAXMSGL on the qmgr where the r/c (RC2218): MQRC_MSG_TOO_BIG_FOR_CHANNEL is thrown. Post the complete results here.
KaviKM
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:40 am    Post subject: mqrc 2079, Published messages not reaching to destination Reply with quote

Novice

[quote="bruce2359"]Did you first alter the 4M cluster receiver channels to remove them from the cluster, then make the 100M change, then alter them back into the cluster? This is the preferred method of altering cluster objects.
Or ?

Did you merely alter the cluster receiver channel defs? If so, did you STOP and then reSTART the affected channels? Or ?

Did you stop and restart the qmgrs?

Please be precise.

Use runmqsc or other tool to display channel status maxmsgl on qmgr(s) experiencing this issue.[/quote]

Thanks a ton to all
I did update all cluster sender receiver channels on both end qmgrs as well as repos qmgrs and SYSTEM.DEF.CLUSRCVR channels on both qmgrs.
This change worked only after restarting the cluster channels . I could not restart earlier as is shared environment.
one thought - the trace did not capture the exact error , I tried strmqtrc -m yourQMGRname -t detail -t all
which did not mention the error at all.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » mqrc 2079, Published messages not reaching to destination
Jump to: