ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Need help to setup multiple keystore/truststore in ACE V11

Need help to setup multiple keystore/truststore in ACE V11 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mikepham
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:41 am    Post subject: Need help to setup multiple keystore/truststore in ACE V11 Reply with quote

Novice

Hi

I have a flow which has to call 2 different HTTPS webservices

My flow was deployed to an ACE server managed by an ACE node

I configured in the node.conf.yaml file:

Code:
BrokerRegistry:
  brokerKeystoreType: 'JKS'
  brokerKeystoreFile: 'ws-truststore1.jks'
  brokerKeystorePass: 'brokerKeystore1::password'
  brokerTruststoreType: 'JKS'
  brokerTruststoreFile: 'ws-truststore1.jks'
  brokerTruststorePass: 'brokerTruststore1::password'

It worked fine when I use just the first webservice

However, when I add the second webservice, I don't know where to add keystore/truststore for the certificate of the second webservice. Then I got "javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException" error

My question:
Can we setup multiple keystore/truststore in node.conf.yaml for certificates of different webservices ?
If not, is there any solution for setting up keystore/truststore for a flow using multiple HTTPS webservices ?

Thank you
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

You know you can have multiple keys in a key store / trust store. You will have to specify on each call with certificate (key) to use...
:enjoy:
mikepham
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

fjb_saper wrote:
You know you can have multiple keys in a key store / trust store. You will have to specify on each call with certificate (key) to use...
:enjoy:

Hi fjb_saper,
Thank you for the feedback.

If possible, could you send me the document about "specify on each call with certificate (key) to use".
If I use just one - the first HTTPS webservice, I don't have to specify on each call with the cert key to use. All I have to do is declaring in the node.conf.yaml file. It worked fine.

So I guess I may have to add the CA cert of the 2nd HTTPS webservice into the current keystore/truststore.
mgk
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

Hi.

Quote:
So I guess I may have to add the CA cert of the 2nd HTTPS webservice into the current keystore/truststore.

Yes, this is the way to do it. As you are not using mTLS you do not need to specify which key to use. The system will choose the correct one from the truststore for you, just like a browser does...

Kind regards.
mikepham
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

mgk wrote:
Hi.

Quote:

Yes, this is the way to do it. As you are not using mTLS you do not need to specify which key to use. The system will choose the correct one from the truststore for you, just like a browser does...

Kind regards.

Hi mgk

Thank you for your explanation.

I used keytool to import the CA cert of the 2nd HTTPS webservice into the keystore / truststore file I defined in the the node.conf.yaml file. Then I restarted the ACE node. I tested again, both HTTPS webservices worked perfectly, no SSLHandshake error any more.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Need help to setup multiple keystore/truststore in ACE V11
Jump to: