ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » overriding nested library subflow properties using ibmint

overriding nested library subflow properties using ibmint « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
simonalexander2005
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:37 am    Post subject: overriding nested library subflow properties using ibmint Reply with quote

Acolyte

using `ibmint package`, I can provide an overrides file using the `--overrides-file` command. The same file format can be used with `ibmint apply overrides`.

In this overrides file, I can specify the messageflow, node and property to override.

If I am using subflows within the messageflow and the subflow is in a static library that is provided in the bar file, I can override a property on a node in that subflow using the format "flow/library/subflow#node.property=value".

The IBM Docs ( https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/app-connect/12.0?topic=commands-ibmint-apply-overrides-command ) say:

Quote:
When you apply overrides to a work directory, the following syntaxes are allowed, which direct updates to a specific deployment descriptor:

AppName/FlowName#NodeName.PropertyName=NewPropertyValue where:
AppName is name of the application that contains the message flow.

AppName/FlowName#NodeName.PropertyName=NewPropertyValue=NewPropertyValue where:
SchemaName is name of the schema in which the message flow resides within the application.

AppName/LibName/SchemaName.FlowName#NodeName.PropertyName=NewPropertyValue where:
LibName is name of the static or shared library that contains the message flow within the application.

/AppName/FlowName#NodeName.PropertyName=NewPropertyValue where:
The "/" prefixing the application means that this override is required, and the command fails if the property is not found within the application. The "/" prefix also applies when library and schema names are specified.

ShlibName/SchemaName.SubflowName#NodeName.PropertyName=NewPropertyValue where:
ShlibName is name of shared library in which the subflow resides. Promoted properties still take their values from the parent flow or subflow.

aside from the fact that the docs have a typo ("SchemaName" isn't mentioned in the second example), I have the following queries - all assuming I can't promote any properties to make this easier (because I am using code I can't change except via overrides):

1. The IBM doc examples all use AppName/FlowName, but in all my testing using so far AppName is unnecessary - you can just do `FlowName#Node.property=value`. Is this always true?
2. If I have an application containing two messageflows and a library, each messageflow containing the same subflow from the library; can you override on a per-messageflow basis, or do your overrides apply to the library as a whole? Can you just apply them to the library as a whole? Is there different syntax to cover these different cases?
3. If the subflow from the library contains a second subflow, from a different library (both in the bar file); what then? What's the override format in that case? Is it `flow/library/subflow/otherlibrary/othersubflow#node.property=value`?

Thanks for any help in more generally understanding the options for overrides.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » overriding nested library subflow properties using ibmint
Jump to: