ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » mqsicreatebar with build path jar

mqsicreatebar with build path jar « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
visasimbu
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject: mqsicreatebar with build path jar Reply with quote

Disciple

We are implementing devOps for creating bar file using below command. This command will be executed once we checkout all its dependencies. We are getting workspace error when dependency project is Java application and Java application refers to the Jar files which is in its build path. Since build path for toolkit is in some developers directory. This directory not exists in build server.

As a solution , we included the Jar as part of Java applicaton. This results into bar file sized increased because this jar included in the bar file. It suppose not to be included in the bar file because these Jars will be kept in shared path.

How can we build bar file without Jar file including in bar file. Is there any way to point the build path jar location in the command to resolve workspace error.

Code:
mqsicreatebar -data $WORKSPACE -b some.bar -cleanbuild -a CustomerAPI -deployAsSource -trace -v CustomerAPI_Trace.txt
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...how about using an existing/new worthpath/classpath and refer the same in the build path so that both Windows/Linux projects will refer to the same path.
visasimbu
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Always development will happen in Windows machine. Build server is linux machine.

I am fine to keep constant directory for Linux as build path where I can place my Jars. But how to say this Linux directory path as "build path" for the Java applications ?

Since development happens in windows where the path structure will be different from linux.

Is there any way to mention the build path for Java application after cloning from repo.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

visasimbu wrote:

Since development happens in windows where the path structure will be different from linux.

Is there any way to mention the build path for Java application after cloning from repo.

hi...what I'm suggesting is that define and use an environment path variable (or use existing classpath ones) and set it at the project, eg:- the build path in the java project will then look like <Work_path_env_var>/<jar file>.jar.

This <Work_path_env_var> can then vary on Windows/Linux and as long as the jars are available at the path it should work
visasimbu
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Thanks for your reply!

My .classpath file entry was

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<classpath>
        <classpathentry kind="src" path="src"/>
        <classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/JavaSE-1.8"/>
        <classpathentry kind="con" path="com.ibm.etools.mft.uri.classpath.MBProjectReference"/>
        <classpathentry kind="lib" path="D:/someDir/commons-codec-1.10.jar"/>
        <classpathentry kind="output" path="bin"/>
</classpath>

Then added variable named "SOURCE_PATH" in eclipse project. SOURCE_PATH variable in eclipse was pointed to absolute path in windows. Variable is configured in eclipse by clicking "Add Variable"->"Configure Variable".

Code:
<classpath>
        <classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/JavaSE-1.8"/>
        <classpathentry kind="var" path="SOURCE_PATH/commons-codec-1.10.jar"/>
        <classpathentry kind="con" path="com.ibm.etools.mft.uri.classpath.MBProjectReference"/>
</classpath>

But in Linux build server, I have tried to build it. mqsicreate bar complining that "Jar" is not avaiable for workspace". Not sure how I can set variable to the Linux. I have tried env variable to with the value as like below.

Code:
 export SOURCE_PATH=/home/someuser/sharedjars/

But this env variable is not visible to classpath. Hence I am getting error in mqsicreatebar command saying workspace has errors.

Any suggestions please
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

visasimbu wrote:

But this env variable is not visible to classpath. Hence I am getting error in mqsicreatebar command saying workspace has errors.

hi...guess you are on the right path, was the 'export' done via the user id which runs the mqsicreatebar command, for eg:- in it's user profile file or so? what exactly is the error you are getting now? I'm wondering whether the CLASSPATH var need to be extended to include the new var
visasimbu
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Thanks for your reply!

I have tried to include the path in below mentioned 2 places.

1) Yes. I have extended "CLASSPATH" env variable along with my Jar file location as like below.
Code:
CLASSPATH=/opt/IBM/ace-12.0.3.0/server/messages:/opt/IBM/ace-12.0.3.0/common/classes:/opt/IBM/ace-12.0.3.0/server/classes:/opt/IBM/ace-12.0.3.0/common/classes/IntegrationAPI.jar:/opt/IBM/ace-12.0.3.0/server/classes/brokerutil.jar:/var/mqsi/common/wsrr:/home/someuser/sharedjars/

2) Added env variable as like below in same user where I am running my mqsicreatebar command.
Code:
 export SOURCE_PATH=/home/someuser/sharedjars/

Error on my mqsicreate says below in the trace file
Code:
 Problem 4: Resource - /SomAppJava; Error message - Unbound classpath variable: 'SOURCE_PATH/commons-codec-1.10.jar' in project 'SomAppJava'.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...strictly speaking shouldn't SOURCE_PATH be set to '/home/someuser/sharedjars' instead of '/home/someuser/sharedjars/', not sure it matters or not.

also can you do an echo on it to see it is set as expected - 'echo $SOURCE_PATH',

Another point, the user id used to run the mqsicreatebar command, is '/home/someuser/sharedjars/commons-codec-1.10.jar' visible for this user with regards to the file permissions.
visasimbu
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Thanks for your reply!

As suggested, I have tried removing '/' at the end of the path. Same result. I got error as shown below.

Also I have moved the Jar files out of user home folder to below location with ownership as "someuser:mqbrkrs" and chmod as 755.

Code:
[someuser@ip-20-**-1**-1** ~]$ export SOURCE_PATH=/opt/IBM/app/sharedclasses
[someuser@ip-20-**-1**-1** ~]$ echo $SOURCE_PATH
/opt/IBM/app/sharedclasses
[someuser@ip-20-**-1**-1** ~]$ echo $CLASSPATH
/opt/IBM/ace-12.0.3.0/server/messages:/opt/IBM/ace-12.0.3.0/common/classes:/opt/IBM/ace-12.0.3.0/server/classes:/opt/IBM/ace-12.0.3.0/common/classes/IntegrationAPI.jar:/opt/IBM/ace-12.0.3.0/server/classes/brokerutil.jar:/var/mqsi/common/wsrr:/opt/IBM/app/sharedclasses
[someuser@ip-20-**-1**-1** ~]$ ls -ltr /opt/IBM/app/sharedclasses
total 280
-rwxr-xr-x 1 someuser mqbrkrs 284184 Jan 31 11:27 commons-codec-1.10.jar

Error from mqsicreatebar is

Code:
Problem markers list from the workspace:
        Problem 4: Resource - /someAppJava; Error message - The project cannot be built until build path errors are resolved.
        Problem 5: Resource - /someAppJava; Error message - Unbound classpath variable: 'SOURCE_PATH/commons-codec-1.10.jar' in project 'someAppJava'.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...what if you use an absolute path for the jar file temporarily, is that defintely working?
visasimbu
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

abhi_thri wrote:
hi...what if you use an absolute path for the jar file temporarily, is that defintely working?

Yes. I am able to compile successfully if i convert to absolute path like below. Please note that I have converted to lib in LHS instead of var.

Code:
<classpath>
        <classpathentry kind="lib" path="/opt/IBM/app/sharedclasses/commons-codec-1.10.jar"/>
</classpath>

Issue occurs only with var & SOURCE_PATH as like below.

Code:
<classpath>
        <classpathentry kind="var" path="SOURCE_PATH/commons-codec-1.10.jar"/>
</classpath>

Even tried below combinations as well.
Combination 1
Code:
<classpathentry kind="var" path="$SOURCE_PATH/commons-codec-1.10.jar"/>

Combination 2
Code:
<classpathentry kind="var" path="${SOURCE_PATH}/commons-codec-1.10.jar"/>

Combination 3
Code:
export SOURCE_PATH=/opt/IBM/app/sharedclasses/commons-codec-1.10.jar
<classpathentry kind="var" path="$SOURCE_PATH"/>

Combination 4
Code:
export SOURCE_PATH=/opt/IBM/app/sharedclasses/commons-codec-1.10.jar
<classpathentry kind="var" path="SOURCE_PATH"/>
giri93giri
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Were you able to resolve this issue? We are facing very similar issue, and we are looking for a solution.

Thanks.
visasimbu
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

No still this issue is open.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » mqsicreatebar with build path jar
Jump to: