ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » BizTalk 'CANCEL' message

BizTalk 'CANCEL' message « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject: BizTalk 'CANCEL' message Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

All,

I have never used Microsoft's BizTalk or MDTC, so I cannot explain what is happening.

I have a customer who is using Capitalware's MQ Message Replication (MQMR) to clone messages going to particular queues. The customer says that BizTalk only reads from queue 'TEST.Q' and they have MQMR setup to clone messages going to 'TEST.Q' and put the copy in queue 'TEST.MQMR.Q'.

They sent me the object definitions for both queues and they are defined as a regular queues and nothing fancy.

They claim when they start the BizTalk service, everything is great but when they stop the BizTalk service, a 'CANCEL' messages shows up in the queue 'TEST.MQMR.Q' which they claim MQMR was doing on its own. MQMR is an API Exit. It only reacts to MQ API calls. It does nothing on its own. They say that BizTalk did not send the message and there is no 'CANCEL' message in the original 'TEST.Q' queue.

I had the customer enable debug tracing in MQMR and the trace shows that MQMR is being invoked by the queue manager for an MQPUT API call with that 'CANCEL' message.

While the customer sees the evidence in the MQMR log file, they are still saying that BizTalk did not put the 'CANCEL' message to queue 'TEST.Q'.

The other piece to the puzzle is that BizTalk Is using MDTC transaction manager.

So, I need some help from our MQ Windows geeks. Has anyone seen this behavior before? Could it be that BizTalk backed out the 'CANCEL' message and because MDTC is handling the transaction, MQ did not back out the cloned message?

Any info or pointers to what is going on would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Roger,
does your exit subscribe to the XA transaction model?
If it does, it MQ should also backout the cloned message if the original message was backed out... I understand you are cloning puts, how are you handling gets? or just plain backout without a get?

MSDTC handles the role of an XA transaction coordinator for MQ, nothing more.

Hope it helps
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

There is an option in MQMR called UseSyncPoint that will add the MQPMO_SYNCPOINT option to the MQPMO Options field but it doesn't appear to make any difference.

When I check the MQPMO Options for the original message, MQPMO_SYNCPOINT is not used.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

RogerLacroix wrote:
There is an option in MQMR called UseSyncPoint that will add the MQPMO_SYNCPOINT option to the MQPMO Options field but it doesn't appear to make any difference.

When I check the MQPMO Options for the original message, MQPMO_SYNCPOINT is not used.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.

Well in this case the question comes, who else has the queue open for output?
I.e. is somebody or some app putting that message there that nobody is aware of? Look at object MQI tracing...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » BizTalk 'CANCEL' message
Jump to: