ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » DFDL Schema suddenly invalid?

DFDL Schema suddenly invalid? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
simonalexander2005
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:54 am    Post subject: DFDL Schema suddenly invalid? Reply with quote

Acolyte

I have developed several DFDL schemas under IIB9; but now I have installed IIB10 toolkit the schemas appear to be invalid. Has there been a change to the DFDL specification recently?

In my schemas, I have a "Header" element, with length-kind implicit; then that contains a sequence of elements with the lengths set. I don't, however, set the length-kind on those elements.

This has always worked fine in the past, but now when I try to test-parse a model I get an exception that the length-kind has to be set (CTDP3129E: DFDL property 'lengthKind' must be set.)

I haven't changed the schema at all, so can anyone help me understand what's changed?

Sample element:

Code:
<xsd:element dfdl:lengthKind="implicit" name="Header">
   <xsd:complexType>
      <xsd:sequence>
         <xsd:element default="" dfdl:length="4" ibmDfdlExtn:sampleValue="" name="Type" type="xsd:string"/>
         <xsd:element default="" dfdl:length="14" ibmDfdlExtn:sampleValue="" name="QueueTime" type="xsd:string"/>
         <xsd:element default="" dfdl:length="20" ibmDfdlExtn:sampleValue="" name="SSID" type="xsd:string"/>
         <xsd:element default="" dfdl:length="20" ibmDfdlExtn:sampleValue="" name="ODS" type="xsd:string"/>
         <xsd:element default="" dfdl:length="8" ibmDfdlExtn:sampleValue="" name="UID" type="xsd:string"/>
         <xsd:element default="" dfdl:length="8" ibmDfdlExtn:sampleValue="" name="SDID" type="xsd:string"/>
      </xsd:sequence>
   </xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...the v10 infocenter list this as a DFDL 1.0 specification requirement,

Quote:

CTDP3129
DFDL property 'lengthKind' must be set. Element '<insert_0>'.
Severity
20 : Error
Explanation
DFDL 1.0 specification requires that every element has a value set for 'lengthKind'.
Response
Correct the DFDL schema.

So may be it was not enforced in v9, you could refer to DFDL 1.0 specification to crosscheck that it is indeed required as IBM states, if not raise a PMR for IBM to investigate.
simonalexander2005
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

I've read the specification (https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/integration-bus/10.0?topic=SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.dfdl.spec.doc/dfdl_index.htm#d1.4) and although examples show lengthKind being used, I can't see any formal declaration that it's required one way or the other.

I've then asked a colleague to try it on their IIB10 toolkit and it shows the lengthKind as explicit, as well as filling in a lot of other information with defaults - so it looks like it's an issue with my toolkit installation. Any ideas on how I can go about troubleshooting this?
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...verify that you both are using the exact version of the Toolkit and the DFDL model, if both are same try reinstalling toolkit to a different location and see

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » DFDL Schema suddenly invalid?
Jump to: