ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity
 
  MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups
 
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages
 
RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum IndexGeneral IBM MQ SupportRDQM switch question

Post new topicReply to topic
RDQM switch question View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
crashdog
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:35 am Post subject: RDQM switch question Reply with quote

Apprentice

Joined: 02 Apr 2017
Posts: 39
Location: Schaffhausen

Hello,
for educational purposes I've setup an RDQM installation using three virtual systems running on CentOS 7.6. I've installed MQ 9.1.4 (CD) according to the knowledge center's instruction (using the installer script InstallRDQMsupport). As a side note, I first tried to install this with the LTS version 9.1.0.0 (no patches used). It failed to install because of multiple unsolvable dependencies.
But here's the real question.
The VMs have it's own subnet for the queue managers in the 10.0.1.x space. My main Windows 10 (with MQ Client 9.1.4 CD) system does not have a nic in that address space but I created a static route on my switch.
Now, when I run a queue manager on the primary node everything works as expected (I can connect from Windows to the Qmgr). But when I set the preferred node to another system then the primary, the queue manager switches over as one would expect and the floating IP is attaching it self to the nic on the alternate node.
But trying to reach the queue manager on the switched node fails.
To be precise, I can ping the floating IP after the switch from Windows. Also the dns is resolvable. The listener is running on port 1414 and the port is opened on firewalld.
The queue manager is reachable from other Linux systems. Even from systems that do not have NICs in the same subnet as the queue managers. Which indicates that the static routing is basically working.
I've tested the connection with "openssl s_client -connect 10.0.1.14:1414" which works on the primary node, but not when switched (from Windows 10, but still works from the Linux system).

Any ideas what could cause this behavior ?

Switch command:
Code:

sudo /opt/mqm/bin/rdqmadm -p -m MQHUBHA3 -n mqhub3.md80.ch


Code:
 rdqm.ini
Node:
  HA_Replication=10.0.1.10
  HA_Primary=10.0.1.11
  HA_Alternate=10.0.1.12
Node:
  HA_Replication=10.0.1.30
  HA_Primary=10.0.1.31
  HA_Alternate=10.0.1.32
Node:
  HA_Replication=10.0.1.40
  HA_Primary=10.0.1.41
  HA_Alternate=10.0.1.42

Before switch:

Code:
tracert 10.0.1.14

Tracing route to mqhubha3.md80.ch [10.0.1.14]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1    <1 ms     7 ms    <1 ms  192.168.178.1
  2     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  mqhubha3.md80.ch [10.0.1.14]

Trace complete.

after swtich:
Code:
tracert 10.0.1.14

Tracing route to mqhubha3.md80.ch [10.0.1.14]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.178.1
  2     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  mqhubha3.md80.ch [10.0.1.14]

Trace complete.


before swtich:
Code:
openssl s_client -connect 10.0.1.14:1414
WARNING: can't open config file: /z/extlib/_openssl_/ssl/openssl.cnf
CONNECTED(000001AC)
depth=1 C = CH, ST = Zuerich, L = Zuerich, O = xxx IT, OU = Middleware, CN = xxx.md80.ch, emailAddress = xxx@md80.ch
verify error:num=19:self signed certificate in certificate chain
---
Certificate chain
 0 s:/CN=MQHUBHA3
   i:/C=CH/ST=Zuerich/L=Zuerich/O=xxx IT/OU=Middleware/CN=xxx.md80.ch/emailAddress=xxx@md80.ch
 1 s:/C=CH/ST=Zuerich/L=Zuerich/O=xxx IT/OU=Middleware/CN=xxx.md80.ch/emailAddress=xxx@md80.ch
   i:/C=CH/ST=Zuerich/L=Zuerich/O=xxx IT/OU=Middleware/CN=xxx.md80.ch/emailAddress=xxx@md80.ch
---
Server certificate
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
bla bla...

after switch:
Code:
openssl s_client -connect 10.0.1.14:1414
WARNING: can't open config file: /z/extlib/_openssl_/ssl/openssl.cnf
connect: No such file or directory
connect:errno=0

and :

Code:
c:\Program Files\IBM\MQ\tools\c\Samples\Bin64>amqsputc.exe APPLICATION.FAILED.Q MQHUBHA3
Sample AMQSPUT0 start
MQCONNX ended with reason code 2538


secondly, I keep seeing this error from time to time when issuing crm status:
Code:

Failed Resource Actions:
* mqhubha3_start_0 on mqhub3.md80.ch 'unknown error' (1): call=210, status=complete, exitreason='',
    last-rc-change='Mon Apr 20 09:52:47 2020', queued=1ms, exec=8715ms

a reboot fixes it. But I can't switch nodes until it's resolved.

Kind Regards,
Gerhard
_________________
You win again gravity !


Last edited by crashdog on Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crashdog
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Joined: 02 Apr 2017
Posts: 39
Location: Schaffhausen

ok, found the problem. As simple as a nic config error. I had another nic which was configures with a static ip 10.0.1.14. Once fixed the connection problem went away. But this will probably not solve the Failed Resource.

Gehrard
_________________
You win again gravity !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:
Post new topicReply to topic Page 1 of 1

MQSeries.net Forum IndexGeneral IBM MQ SupportRDQM switch question
Jump to:



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP


Theme by Dustin Baccetti
Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Copyright MQSeries.net. All rights reserved.