ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » DELETE an Queue on usage 4004 with Channel

DELETE an Queue on usage 4004 with Channel « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
pcouas
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: DELETE an Queue on usage 4004 with Channel Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi

Could i force to delete an Queue which is using by an Channel ?
Without stop and start this channel ?
There is no message in this queue
It's 4004 error, we using MQ V9

Regards
PaulClarke
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

There is no way that I know of to explicitly ask a Channel to close a queue. The Channel will cache the queue for the sake of performance. However, the cache is free'd when the channel next receives a heartbeat. So, provided the channel has a non busy time the queue should be closed sooner or later.

There is a really ugly solution that you're not going to like. The channel cache is of fixed size, I believe you can even set the size. Let's say it is 100. Now, if you send a message down a channel to queues DUMMY1, DUMMY2, DUMMY3.........DUMMY100 then you will have implicitly cleaned out the cache since all of these queues are newer than what was previously in the cache. I told you you weren't going to like it. It's not really a terribly practical solution but if you were desperate you could do this at a pinch. Bear in mind that it isn't actually necessary to create the queues DUMMY1 through DUMMY100 you could just collect the messages off the DLQ when they get there.

Of course there may be other solutions, I'd be interested to hear them.

Cheers,

Paul.
GGermishuys
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

RC_4004 means the MQ Object is in Use
You can either close/stop the application that is connected via the channel to the Queue in question.
There is no FORCE command on a Delete Q command
GGermishuys
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one that i've used in the past ...

If you are making use of MQ Explorer v9 you can view Application Connections (right-click specific MQ Queue Manager --> Click on Application Connections ... )

This will give you a list of all Connections to your MQ Queue Manager - the tricky bit is finding the connection that has your MQ Queue Open - but if you happen to find it - there is a added button " Close Connection " - this, may help you to close off the connection to your queue and just go ahead for your Delete
pcouas
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi

in "Usage" there is an application named "qs2qsc", i don't know this application ?
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: DELETE an Queue on usage 4004 with Channel Reply with quote

Jedi

pcouas wrote:
Hi, Could i force to delete an Queue which is using by an Channel ? Without stop and start this channel ? There is no message in this queue It's 4004 error, we using MQ V9 Regards

This is MQ's way of saying that something recently put msgs to this queue (via a MQ Channel Agent process amqrmppa), so it may not be a good idea to delete this queue right now. The MCA will eventually release the handle (as Paul said). Alternatively, ending and starting the qmgr will also do the trick.
Quote:
in "Usage" there is an application named "qs2qsc", i don't know this application ?

This is not an MQ internal process. Check the tasks / processes that are running on the server.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » DELETE an Queue on usage 4004 with Channel
Jump to: