ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Output file stays in mqsitransit

Output file stays in mqsitransit « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
KIT_INC
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Output file stays in mqsitransit Reply with quote

Knight

I am running IIB V10.0.0.9 on AIX. I ahve a simple flow
FielInput -> compute -> fileOutput
EOD ---------------------- Finish File
File picked up by Input contains many XML records. FileInput noide is doing "Parsed Record sequence". The EOD terminal is connected to the finish file terminal of FileOutput node. The compute node process the record and output to CSV file using DFDL parser. FileOutput node has "Record is unmodified date" and "Stage in mqsitransit directory and moved to output directory on Finish File"
My problem is the Output file stays in mqsitransit and is not moved to the output directory.

I took a user trace and it clearly says that it is sending EOD
2018-12-04 15:32:19.855086 7223 UserTrace BIP3356I: ''FileInput'' node ''My_File_input'' in message flow ''My_MF'' has reached the end of file ''/var/mydata/Input/mqsitransitin/840b9eeb-4412-421a-b71b-5f74a003ab58-1bad1goodrec.txt'' at record number ''2'', file length ''12485'' and is propagating record an empty BLOB record to terminal ''EOD''. The FileInput node has processed all the records from the file. It will propagate an empty record to the named terminal to indicate end of data.
No action is required.

There is nothing in the user trace to tell why the output is not moved from mqsitransit. Any suggestion ?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Note that your trace says nothing about propagating from the EOD terminal to the finish file terminal of the file output node.
Are you sure your flow is current? Can you recompile and recreate the bar file and redeploy?
KIT_INC
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

I added a trace node in between EOD of FileINput and Finish File of File Output node. I can see the EOD message being sent.
I also discovered that it works as expected (i.e. file moved from mqsitransit to output directory at EOD) if I just use the output file name and directory specified in the File Output node. The issue (i.e. file stays in mqsitransit) happen only if I tried to override the output file name using
SET OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.File.Name = override.filename.

I need to dynamically set the output filename. Is SET OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.File.Name is correct LE to use? Is there anything else I need to do in order to dynamically set the output file name ?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

KIT_INC wrote:
I added a trace node in between EOD of FileINput and Finish File of File Output node. I can see the EOD message being sent.
I also discovered that it works as expected (i.e. file moved from mqsitransit to output directory at EOD) if I just use the output file name and directory specified in the File Output node. The issue (i.e. file stays in mqsitransit) happen only if I tried to override the output file name using
SET OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.File.Name = override.filename.

I need to dynamically set the output filename. Is SET OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.File.Name is correct LE to use? Is there anything else I need to do in order to dynamically set the output file name ?

Well did you set the dynamic override on the EOD message as well?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Output file stays in mqsitransit
Jump to: